You can type here any text you want

Idle problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jimmygn86

Got 86 all stock 65 k miles on cold starts car stars to surge rpm up and down and will shutoff if I don't push the throttle a lil will do this for about a minute or 2 then car will idle a 900 is 900 rpm a normal idle and idle is a lil rough not smooth when u drive the car runs fine run good under boost it just runs lil rough at idle I took the a iac out cleaned it didn't help the spring on the iac looked a lil bent is that an issue no check engine light any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

Well from what I read it sounds just like my 86 GN.It was doing the same thing unsable idle almost want to die or some times die then idle jumps way up,well mine landed up being the MAF sensor went with a translator an a Lt-1 stopped doing it just saying .

2nd place is 1st place loser!

I had same problem with a GN I bought several years ago. I tried many replacement MAF from discount auto parts stores and they would do the same thing PLUS they would never reach 255 @ WOT. I put an LT1 3" sensor and MAF Translator on and all was smooth, very smooth.

Back