You can type here any text you want

If I change turbos, do I need the chip redone?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dan K

I want to put 50's and a street chip in now, but over the winter I'm going to put a different turbo on the car.
Question is, if I do the 50's and chip now, when I get the turbo will I need the chip redone or will it be ok?
If it will have to be done again, I'll just wait and do it all at once. If not, I'm going to get the injectors and chip now and get the turbo later.

You should be fine. The only reason you might wanna redo the chip is to fine tune the setup.

How big a turbo are you planning on getting? If real big and you add some stall, you'll benefit from having the timing/PE stuff modded around the stall speed. If you're going TE44 or TA49, you'll have no problems.

Hey Jim,
You're one of the guys I was going to talk to about this.
Not sure what turbo to go with. I want to go as big as I can without getting into the motor. The kid I bought the car from says TA62 or TA63 should be about as big as I should go. I had a TE45a that he gave me with the car, but we sold that cause he thought it would be a little too much.
Do you have a good chip for MSD 50's? Just need a street/93 oct chip for now. Might do alky later.

Thanks.

Back