You can type here any text you want

If you had ~$7000 to spend on my Buick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Instead of buy another limited, I'm thinking of sinking the roughly $7000 I'm getting for my totatled Z28 into my GN. If you were in my shoes, and had the money to spend, what would you do? The mods I have already are in my sig. The name of the game is to have a sick street racer, and a fast car at the track.

Thanks,

Doug D

Screw the sbc crap. Turbo, well built trans and converter, ported heads, cam, and aftermarket fuel injection.

Sell the GN, pool the money, buy an affordable 3rd or 4th gen, turbo it.

if you like street racing, the TR isn't the sleeper it once was. I'm not saying you can't have a TR that is fast but looks slow, but everyone is expecting them to be fast. Its like going to a shady pool hall and some dude invites you to play a game for money. In the back of your mind, you're thinking "I'm about to get hustled".

Check out the turbo'd 3rd gen Firebird in this months GMHightech, very cheap, very fast, very stock looking. I've been contemplating a build like that for a couple years now, just have other priorities right now. Plus I dropped like $30K in my Z28 last year. I have been on the lookout for a clean 3rd gen, very hard to come by. All the clean ones are fetching big $$$ (relatively speaking).

I'll get flamed for saying that, but I've owned TR's, blown V8's, turbo'd V8's, and of course N/A V8's. My current car makes a ton of power but is alot to try to put down on the street. Before I put the big blown motor in it it had a Heads and Cam stock motor, ran mid/low 11's all day. Ultra reliable, super easy. My grandma could run 11's in it. I had a minimal cash outlay and a very nice clean car. On stock rims it looked, well, stock. It went high 10's on a small shot. I could have passed it off for a stock car with exhaust. Of course, now it looks and sounds faster than it is.

I'd spend the money on a good stereo, valentine one, alarm, put the rest in the bank and drive it. :smile:

New drivers seat, Corbeau etc., would probably be a nice thing as well. :cool:

New Ball bearing turbo, PTE stock location intercooler, Razor's Alky Kit, Turbo Tweak Alky chip, hotwired XP pump, Drag Radials, Scanmaster & save the rest of the money for service & restoration parts if needed.

if you like street racing, the TR isn't the sleeper it once was. I'm not saying you can't have a TR that is fast but looks slow, but everyone is expecting them to be fast.

Yes sir, but not all Buicks are that fast...so why not make the legand true ;)

My opinion is this, if you don't need the money for a family car or kids colege fund etc. Then why not do it? Now if those pictures in your sig are current, I would first look into some bracing. Then I would buy an alky kit along with a bigger turbo.

just my .02

Sell the GN, pool the money, buy an affordable 3rd or 4th gen, turbo it.

if you like street racing, the TR isn't the sleeper it once was. I'm not saying you can't have a TR that is fast but looks slow, but everyone is expecting them to be fast. Its like going to a shady pool hall and some dude invites you to play a game for money. In the back of your mind, you're thinking "I'm about to get hustled".

Check out the turbo'd 3rd gen Firebird in this months GMHightech, very cheap, very fast, very stock looking. I've been contemplating a build like that for a couple years now, just have other priorities right now. Plus I dropped like $30K in my Z28 last year. I have been on the lookout for a clean 3rd gen, very hard to come by. All the clean ones are fetching big $$$ (relatively speaking).

I'll get flamed for saying that, but I've owned TR's, blown V8's, turbo'd V8's, and of course N/A V8's. My current car makes a ton of power but is alot to try to put down on the street. Before I put the big blown motor in it it had a Heads and Cam stock motor, ran mid/low 11's all day. Ultra reliable, super easy. My grandma could run 11's in it. I had a minimal cash outlay and a very nice clean car. On stock rims it looked, well, stock. It went high 10's on a small shot. I could have passed it off for a stock car with exhaust. Of course, now it looks and sounds faster than it is.

do you have pictures of that beast.

Back