I'm creating flush mount quarter windows

Pm sent hoping to get the last spot on the first oreder if its not taken. Thanks and great work!

Mike, just got your reply and sent you a PM back. Thanks!

For everyone else, I am real close to getting enough orders to complete the second batch so if your interested get me your info as soon as possible.

The window blanks are being thermo-formed now from what I'm told so I'm just waiting to receive the blanks. I will keep everyone informed on the progress as things go.

Best regards,

Brian

How soon could I get a pair, my car is inn the paint shop now and will be painted in about a month

All PM's have been replied to.

All materials have arrived except for the blanks (Shipped by 12th from supplier as posted above). I will follow up with them tomorrow morning for an update on production.

We are also very close to putting in a second order, I'm just waiting on a few more to commit. I'm also creating "dims" this week for flush mount rear glass and windshields.

Best regards,

Brian

McClean said:
All PM's have been replied to.

All materials have arrived except for the blanks (Shipped by 12th from supplier as posted above). I will follow up with them tomorrow morning for an update on production.

We are also very close to putting in a second order, I'm just waiting on a few more to commit. I'm also creating "dims" this week for flush mount rear glass and windshields.

Best regards,

Brian

Hate to see the shipping cost on a windshield!

Man I'm excited about this, I want flush mount everything. Emblems, grill, side mirrors, door handles, antenna, lights!!!...... OK OK maybe a bit much .

Defrost and Polycarbonate are probably not going to be a good match. I'll look into it but usually the defrost lines a silver screen printed and painted over ceramic "fritting".

Update:

The blanks are on the way to me! They should arrive sometime this week along with all of the other supplies. I will let everyone know once they arrive and the ETA for each kit.

Best regards,

Brian

Update:

Blanks are in!!!! I'm still waiting on inserts to arrive as well as my "frit" primer. I will be out of town on business for 2 days but once I return we will start drilling, grinding, and painting. I will update everyone later in the week.

Best regards,

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_0467small.jpg
    IMG_0467small.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0468small.jpg
    IMG_0468small.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 253
Sounds awesome. How much is that back window going to be when done.Just a guesstimate. I wont hold you to it.
Thanks again

Update:

BAD NEWS: I woke up this morning and went to prepare the blanks for fitment and drilling. As I started the test fit the blanks in my fixture, I noticed a large logo on what appeared to be the protective film. NOT SO. My supplier decided to be sneaky and branded their logo into the outside of EVERY PIECE! literally melted into the surface!!!!

I'm more than furious with them right now but they won't open back up until Monday. Things are going to go either two ways:

1. They send me brand new blanks without any branded logos on the pieces and apologize up a down for such arrogance.
  2. They give me the run around and I get all funds back from PayPal, use my business attorney and sue them, and find another supplier to thermo-form my stuff.

I'm hoping they are smart enough not to kick over this ant nest.. I've already found an alternate supplier for thermo-forming so if things go south it won't take me long to get this turned around.

Just keeping everyone in the loop.

Regards,

Brian

I will take photos later tonight. I doesn't matter because they aren't leaving me like that. They are a Tier 1 to my company and that is never accepted in the automotive world.

I have a call in to the General Manager this morning. I will update everyone after that.

Regards,

Brian

Wow you would hink they know better than to try and pull that stunt,beings they know they are going to actually be windows in car!Thought they could slip in some free advertising huh?I hope it all works out ok,cause these are going to look great on my car.(minus any logos) LOL

Update,

Spoke with my supplier yesterday morning and here is the deal:

Logo has to be present somewhere on the blanks for warranty purposes (obviously so they can tell they formed it and not someone else). With that being said, I told them where it currently sits is unacceptable and its way too large. I am sending them the GD&T of the glass with the placement where I want the logo. It will be hot stamped most likely on the inside within the Frit band so its not visible.

They will be reproducing these parts and YES I will be lumping in the next order. That means those who have outstanding invoices need to settle up within the week to be included on the new batch.

I will update everyone on where the logo will sit once I have confirmation from my supplier. I appreciate everyone's patience and I promise it will be worth the wait. I don't want to compromise my product just to push crap out the door.

Thank you!

Brian