In need of brake advice

To start from the beginning, my 87 GN was converted to vacuum brakes before I bought it using a gbody booster and master cyl. The previous owner also installed SSBC replacement calipers with slotted rotors.

Since I've had it the braking quality has been poor. The pedal is a bit hard in my opinion and what I call unresponsive. It is drivable, but a panic stop situation is down right scary.

So far I've changed (not in order)
I've changed the source of vacuum from the tta vacuum block to the PVC line
The new g body booster to b body unit.
The master cylinder from the brand new one used in the conversion to a known good one taken from a regal with awesome braking.
The stock cast iron proportioning valve to a NOS brass
Installed s-10 wheel cylinders
New shoes, hardware, and drums.
I've bled the system many different way using traditional pedal bleeding and a might vac.
I've kept up on adjusting the back brakes.

So please help.

Sorry for the book.

Thanks

Did the previous owner swap out the brake pedal, or modify the old one ??

Does it have the check valve inline off the the master its about 3" long

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not at the moment. All it has is the one that is in the booster. If your talking about the one that looks like a little keg of beer, I think those are just filters. I've had a few of them and none of them acted like a check valve.

U are correct but it has a diaphragm in it and its just enough to stop the booster from exspanding to much under boost. Also did u ever replace the front brake hoses and rear axl hose

No I haven't. I was told they were replaced during the conversion and all the fluid was flushed. They are cheap and it's a good possibility they are junk right out of the box. Any suggestions on a brand?

Not really. Got mine from advance. 11bucks each

If youre going through the trouble of replacing lines consider the russel braided stainless ones a lot of the vendors on here sell. They make a noticeable improvement in pedal firmness and feel.

I am. Lol This has been drawn out for over 4 years maybe longer. I started putting the hoses on and the front lines looked shitty to me. No big deal just taking my time and doing it right.

I just want to fix this car and enjoy it.

I haven't touched it in two years since I bought my new house and have been consumed with remodeling projects. I'm too cheap to pay anyone to do anything so I learned to do everything myself.