Inaugural SCCA Time Trials Nationals

That’s great information. Very much appreciate you sharing that hard earned knowledge. Definitely gives me a bigger picture of things to plan for. I’m going to reread some of your blogs. Thank you again. Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few questions:
Is your downpipe and headers coated or wrapped?
What tires are you running?
How much power are you making?
Thanks!
Wrapped them for this year, but I think I'm going to take them off and either get a new set that are coated, or fix these and coat them. They moved, a lot. I have a leak at the slip joint in the crossunder pipe I can't fix with clamps. It'll need to go to the exhaust shop this winter.

My tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE-71Rs in 275/35R18

Power is in the neighborhood of 420-450hp at the wheels, as calculated by measuring the acceleration rate from my logs against the known weight (3658 + me = 3819). I haven't gotten it to a dyno yet. I'm running 17psi in gears 1 and 2, and 15psi in 3 and 4. It boogies. The only thing I've lined up against at an Optima event in the Speed Stop that's beaten me to the first turn was a Tesla Model X P100D. Those things are wicked off the line. Just nuts.

Wrapped them for this year, but I think I'm going to take them off and either get a new set that are coated, or fix these and coat them. They moved, a lot. I have a leak at the slip joint in the crossunder pipe I can't fix with clamps. It'll need to go to the exhaust shop this winter.

My tires are Bridgestone Potenza RE-71Rs in 275/35R18

Power is in the neighborhood of 420-450hp at the wheels, as calculated by measuring the acceleration rate from my logs against the known weight (3658 + me = 3819). I haven't gotten it to a dyno yet. I'm running 17psi in gears 1 and 2, and 15psi in 3 and 4. It boogies. The only thing I've lined up against at an Optima event in the Speed Stop that's beaten me to the first turn was a Tesla Model X P100D. Those things are wicked off the line. Just nuts.
Are you using stock headers? Also are you running 275 front and rear? I know a few people running RE-71Rs they seem to really like them. Yeah, those teslas are no joke

jlat

hello people and hello Short guy; I'm no racer but I like yours posts. I did try Karting for a bit. That was my only track time. Are you having fun? That's what it's all about.
IBBY