You can type here any text you want

Incorrect MAP Range In A/F Table

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ZBass28

Boost Junkie
I've recently noticed that my A/F table is showing the 3-bar MAP range when it should be showing 2-bar. 2-bar is what is programmed into the config section, and when I try the adjustment on the computer (unhooked to the car) it makes the correct changes to the graph. However, plugged in it stays at 3-bar. I assume this is throwing off my A/F tuning by not giving me as much control as I need. I've tried this with 2 separate laptops and a desktop, all with the same result. Is this a glitch? Is there a fix?

Did you upload the changes to the ecm?
If the ecm was programmed at 3 bars, and you hooked up, that's what you will see, until you enter the changes..

Everything is set correctly in the fuel calc configuration screen, and all the other tables such as VE, show the correct MAP range (2 bar). The A/F has always shown 3 bar since the day I bought the FAST system 7 years ago. If I switch to 3 bar in the fuel calc config page it stays the same. If I switch back to 2 bar it still shows the 3 bar graph.

If I disconnect the laptop from the car and run the CCom program on the laptop and make the same changes, then everything changes as it should. I've even tried this with a second laptop with CCom installed and have the same results. Hook it back up to the car and try and make the changes and nothing. I assume this must be a problem with the ECU.

Make sure you have loaded the most recent software. I have come across this also before. If you get the latest version it should fix it.

Do I have to ship the ECU to FAST to get the software updated? I'm betting its an old version because it has never been updated since I bought it 7 years ago.

Great, thanks!

Since I haven't really been following too closely with this stuff lately, is there any substantial reason to get the firmware updated?

Thanks Norbs, that did the trick. Everything reads as it should now.

Only problem is that I had to bring my spare desktop down to the garage because I don't have a laptop that can run Windows95 or greater. I need to pick one up.

I was able to make some huge changes to the A/F now that I can see the correct range. Question is, the ECU remembers that range now correct? It's only the crappy laptop I am currently using that doesn't allow me to see it, or does it all revert back to the wrong table when I hook the old laptop up....meaning, does the 3bar A/F table come into play again once the old laptop is hooked up?

I'm workin' on obtaining a barebones laptop today just for this specific use. At least the main problem is fixed. Thanks!

Back