You can type here any text you want

Indy Light Front Belt Drive Base

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Anyone know the official name for the base/surround for the cogged belt that ran the dry sump oil pump and vacuum (?) pump? It is a big "V" shaped aluminum casting....no casting # or PN...just "851" stamped on the top right side. The distributor mounts on it. Anyone got a cover gathering dust?
Conrad

these front covers were made by McClaren in livonia Michigan they are used to drive 2 cosworth water pumps , 1 cosworth pressure pump
and 1 / 2 stage cosworth scavenge pump

steve Spare motor 007.jpg

I forgot to mention most were magnesium castings. They were used on Indy cars ,Indy light and March buick turbo GTP cars
Steve

buickGTP,
As I recall, you have a Buick GTP. We all enjoyed the photos that you shared with all of us! Is there a cover for the "front cover" in your photo? Does the transaxle bolt to it? What are the two holes at the bottom used for? Seems like someone called this a motor mount?
Conrad

Are these motors on-center or off-center? I recently purchased a Kinsler FI intake and a Cosworth front cover. It would be way cool to put together a "display" GTP motor for my garage.
Conrad

Conrad
the motors I have are off center. the 2 bolt holes hold a 3/8 " aluminium engine mounting plate that is also bolted to the chassis.
On my application besides driving the cosworth oil and water pumps there is also a belt driven fuel pump. As a further note
I was told the McClaren front cover cost $ 3500
Steve

Back