You can type here any text you want

Indy motors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mygrain

unregistered
Anyone ever use these? From what I understand they are aluminum blocks that have their own fuel injection system. What would be the down side of using one of these engines instead of an iron block? Are they on or off center?

I was waiting to see if somone was going to reply to this thread. I'm trying to piece a INDY MOTOR together for a 92 lola indycar. It would be interesting to see what you guys have laying around out there? :rolleyes: Thanks ........Rich

I spoke to Duttweiler about the Auminum Stage 2 blocks.
He said they were only good for about 800 hp and that
he did not even bother using the one he had. If you are
planning on making lower hp then go for it. If you are planning
on a shoot out motor with 1200 to 1500hp motor forgetatboutit!!!!

alum Block

You guys forget that my car scales in at 1475lbs with me in it, So 700-800 hp would be a kick in the asss. :) I wonder if dutt still has that block? Thanks for the info.........Rich Sadler

indy parts

we have a 3.0 stroke indy crank new, 6.50 carello rods, off center
crank is small chev, on rod jurnals, new pistons, and rings. it was assembled and never ran, the pistons are 3.90 dia,
also oil pan, front cover , oil pump, dist, even plug wires, come off braytons car,
rods, crank and pistons, 1200.00 the other parts 200.00 or offer,
also new 4.1 on center alum, block 3000.00 ;)

indyparts

Could you guys e-mail me a phone # ? Thanks Very interested!...............Rich Sadler

Back