You can type here any text you want

indy stage 2 stuff on e bay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm suspicious, its a wet sump block with a girdle but the picture shows a Dry Sump Indy Lights motor. The intake stuff might be correct for some other indy application but the Indy Lights have round TB's not square legs with no throttle blades. Also if it needs rebuilt the pistons are most likely worthless too atleast for the motor itself, they could still be good for someone with a 3.8L production block project with a matching bore size or something.
Basically buyer beware, its an aweful lot for potentially used up race parts.

Oh No!

IF the person selling these pieces is a know dealer, I would not have a problem suggesting something positive, but. As mentioned earlier
"don't be too dissapointed if you end up with alot of unusable parts.
If you do get in on this auction, please send the pieces off for inspection
prior to putting them in anything to avoid wasting a great deal of money
and time on your project.

Cryoed Cranks with heavy metal in them is not suggested for instance, especially doing the cryo treatment AFTER the assembly is balanced.
What use is the high hat injector setup (are you going to build an Indy Car)?
Rockers WILL need a visit to Larry and the crew to insure they are in spec.
The push rod setup is a story by itself with more than a few chapters...

There are many many more things that can be added to this

NOTE: BMS S2 V6 projects are NOT easy to put together on the cheap.

Be Smart and spend you $'s wisely.
I will now step off my little soap box..
Gary

well i am not even thinking about buying i was more concerned about the heads they are differnt from the normal stage 2 with much larger ports so i was wondering what casting number these were i work as a crew cheif in the amls so i have acess to checking this stuff but all i was interested in was the heads and the intake is not much differnt from what we use in design on our lola or sr9 radical but i would really like to seek out some heads for testing on a bench not his though cause he will not seperate

square port heads

those square port heads were the latest and last thing tested in the indy program. I have heard that they did not flow that much more but did flow more air at lower lift which created more torque. BTW they will not work on a stock block, the lifter bores are moved to around .250 apart to get the pushrod around that port think about it. I have a set of those heads if you would like to flow test them mike :cool:

The last series of heads produced for the BMS/S2's were called "Sabre Series"
(I have never seen a set BTW).
End of production for them was in the early 90's.
www.chapmanracingheads.com
A direct inquiry may get you the info you need. They keep records of most everything and may know of someone having a matched set up for sale.
Also given a little time, someone on this thread may be able to help.
Again, finding a properly prepped set of S2 heads may take some time.
And in light of the cam you decide to use, get a set minus the springs and if you get lucky, you may locate the heads with a matched intake which will save some effort.
Good Hunting,
Gary

BlownV6 said:
those square port heads were the latest and last thing tested in the indy program. I have heard that they did not flow that much more but did flow more air at lower lift which created more torque. BTW they will not work on a stock block, the lifter bores are moved to around .250 apart to get the pushrod around that port think about it. I have a set of those heads if you would like to flow test them mike :cool:
i would love to test those heads to see how they compare to standard stage 2s
robby

robbyc said:
i would love to test those heads to see how they compare to standard stage 2s
robby

The make more more peak HP but the torque is poor.
I think the ports are too big for our motors unless
you are spinning 10K. A Stage 2 headed motor will
be more effective even up to 8500RPM.
This is according to what I have spoken to Duttweiler about.
This was a couple years ago so the numbers could be a little off,
but you get the general idea. Maybe with more cubes and compression they would be better???

Looks like the only thing stage 2 there is the roller rockers and the crank-the block doesnt even have the oil return line drilled out (NA).

Back