You can type here any text you want

infinity kappas

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ajt86

hey guys i was seeing some of you have kappas in the doors and dash- how bad were they to get the fit on crutchfield it says no kappas fit- i have a set of 6X9s im gonna get the adapters for this week.

The 5.25's fit in the door and the 3.5's will fit in the dash. It's snug but they do go in. You may want to consider sealing your door panels with some type of sound deadening materials. I didn't and the sound is not that great. Also the sound will be biased toward the back of the car with the 6x9's in the rear shelf. HTH

mlh

should i dynomat around the pannels, or do you think i can get buy with buying those rubber baffles that the speaker fits in when you mount it?

As I understand it, the plastic cups mainly protect the speakers from moisture. The more you do to seal the holes and deaden the sound of the metal, the better the speaker will sound.
I just bought a gallon of coating material that does the same as dynomat but conforms to irregular shapes easier than a mat. Its called "car quiet". You can get good general info about viscoelastic materials by doing a web search on sound deadening.
HTH.

mlh

I have the six by nines, the guy who owned the car decided to cut into the metal under the rear side windows and mount six by nines there, so i took them out and put the Kappas in, they sound pretty sick, but i have them running through an Amp so that must be why, no rattling of any type and they produce good bass, but im sure had they been put on the shelf then they would have had more bass, but hey what do I know....

Back