You can type here any text you want

Info on the MAFless Max Effort?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

325DR

Can I get a little info on this setup? I will be changing things around this winter and want to know the scoop on this setup.

Currently, I have a stock ECM, 3.5" LS1 MAF sensor, Trans+ and extender chip (512gps version). I was going to step up to the new Extender Extreme (756gps version) since I have already maxed out the 512. But I might switch to this MAFless M.E. setup.

How does it work? Is there a built-in fuel curve? How does it compensate for fuel if it cannot read the amount of air going into the motor? Do you need a WB02? What about the stock O2? What is the price on this setup and what is all that is needed? My car will be a high-mid10 next year. It is currently a 11.10 car. Also, will it work with 65lb injectors? What injectors is it availible for?

I NEED INFO!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

Just like the regular ME YOU control the WOT fuel with the TW. It doesn't use the o2, or MAF. I tune mine with scanmaster, DS, and EGT. The fuel curve is adjustable but the defaults are close. Injectors available (I know of) are 55s, 72s, 83s. You need a comp mod, 3-bar MAP, install the MAT in the uppipe, manual boost control. E-mail Steve Y on the price. It rocks, you'll love it! More info do a search on max effort.

Well I only put a few out right now. It is alot of messing around for me and some for you an you will have around 600 into it.

I would save a whole bunch of money and stick with the extender.

How exactly does this thing work? Pretty good based on reports. :)

Steve

Originally posted by Steve Y
Well I only put a few out right now. It is alot of messing around for me and some for you an you will have around 600 into it.

I would save a whole bunch of money and stick with the extender.

How exactly does this thing work? Pretty good based on reports. :)

Steve

Thanks for the replies guys.

Steve, the way I look at it is this: If I go with this setup, the money will just about equal out.

I can sell my LS1 MAF sensor for $100, the Trans+ for $200, the Extender for $75, and I will have almost $400 towards the ME.

If I stay with what I have and upgrade to the Extender Extreme, it will cost me $100 to upgrade the Extender, and $35 to upgrade the Translator. So it would cost me $135.

$600 (for M.E.) - $400 that I have = $200
Upgrades for the Extender = $135

Pretty close!!

You have to keep in mind this is a race setup and a little bit hard on plugs.........But it gets pretty good milage.

I do not do the 65's yet. Have not fooled with any and do not really have the ambition to do so at the moment although I do not suspect they would be a problem.

You have to click up or down on the Thumbwheel to find the wot fuel you need for whatever boost you are running, as always.
Similar to the thumbwheel setup in some of the Buick powered indy cars from the old days.

Steve

Steve, I allready have the 16 pos. TW for my 50's. What would I need other than the computer mod and 3bar to switch to the mafless ME at some point?

Thanks,

Butch

Back