You can type here any text you want

Inj mayhem...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Just got these 160# "BOSCH" injs to flow test.
Customer bought them from an individual, and installed them...Second hard pull, the engine ate itself.
While I was prepping them for initial flow, I noticed that 5 had reduced lower o'ring spacing...Well, well,seems the metal body crimps were loose from the upper plastic portion.
I've seen this many times on REAL Bosch 160's. This is caused by sky high fuel psi on some of the 10'5 cars,,,Usually, the crimps appear tite, until I turn the bench on, then it's shower time.:(
These came apart when I pulled the o'rings off....
These are "su[pposedly" Bosch 160 white tops. They have the Bosch pt number, but no logo. My guess they are Chinese junk..Kinda like the "Smarfire" crap, that's floating around.

BUYER BEWARE!! There's a lyin' asshole at every turn!!:mad:

IMG_0317.JPG

Now this is some good info here. It never crossed my mind that there could possibly be Chinese knockoff injectors floating around:eek:

Now this is some good info here. It never crossed my mind that there could possibly be Chinese knockoff injectors floating around:eek:
There are "bosch style" injectors that aren't made by bosch. I've been looking for a set of 80's and found some cheap at TREperformance using google. After reading everything they say motron deka style not the real thing, no wonder there $175 new.

There are "bosch style" injectors that aren't made by bosch. I've been looking for a set of 80's and found some cheap at TREperformance using google. After reading everything they say motron deka style not the real thing, no wonder there $175 new.
Guess it's safe to say, turbotweak for injectors. That's just nuts

A bit of an update.
I took one of the inj shells off of the body. There was a bit of what looked like glue on the inner body.
I put them on the bench, clamped them tite on the upper o'ring/lower end of the body, and then pressured them at 3 bars..
Surprisingly, a nice pattern, but horrible mismatches on flow, no leaks.
I then loosened the rack a bit, to allow the injs to "float", covered up w/ a rag, and hit the pump switch.
All 5 started spraying from the joint/crimp. The owner lucked out! They were tightly clamped between the rail and the intake, and he didn't have a fire.........:eek:
BTW, they were running E85, @ 3 bar, 16# boost.

They don't look like the Bosch 160's I have. I'm betting they are Chinese knock offs.

Neal

They don't look like the Bosch 160's I have. I'm betting they are Chinese knock offs.

Neal

Neal, you are right.. When I took the body shell off, I noticed that the lower end tube, where the pintle is, was totally different than a "real" 160....

Back