Injector Clips

Conan56

I cant find a set of Injector CLIPS ANYWHERE

Ineed the clips that hold the injector into the fuel rail

Also need to know where I can get the gasket that mates the CAT flange to the exhaust flange

Sorry I cant tell you where to get either of those things but I have never used a gasket on the exhaust in that spot if anything just use some gold RTV but I just clean the surface so its flat and bolt it up.

the injector clips aren't really necessary, but if you prefer using them, i'm sure i have a set i can send you. just cover the cost of sending them to you and they're yours.
BW Jones

Thanks

Im getting a leak from the injector where it goes into the rail
Im thinking that maybe its not seated totally or the O ring is NO good

Im just putting my Gn back togther after being apart for damn near 2 years

Give me your paypal address and Ill send some money your way

leak at fuel rail

most likely you have a "nicked" or cut o-ring at the fuel rail that is allowing the fuel to leak. you are still welcome to get the clips, but it sounds like you're needing a new o-ring. i sent you a PM.
BW Jones

I agree with Mr. Jones. I haven't had any clips for several years. Take off the injector and go to your local parts store. Tell them it's an injector o-ring. I would replace all of them top and bottom. When I install them, I use a tiny bit of vaseline on each one.

If the...

Im getting a leak from the injector where it goes into the rail
Im thinking that maybe its not seated totally or the O ring is NO good

Im just putting my Gn back togther after being apart for damn near 2 years

Give me your paypal address and Ill send some money your way

injectors have been out of service for 2 yrs, there's a good chance they have dried gas in them, and may/may not work.:frown:
If this is a fresh engine, I'd recommend they be cleaned, and flow tested. That way, you will minimize the chances of flooding the engine, running a cyl lean, and generally creating problems on startup.:eek:
When I do a set, there are new o'rings, pintle caps, filter baskets installed...If you have them cleaned, regardless of who does it, these items should be in the deal...:cool:
Additionally, the tank, lines should be cleaned, the fuel pump sock changed, along with the fuel filter. ALL before you turn the key...

Back under my rock...:D

Those clips are available at a GM parts counter. Thats were I got mine.