You can type here any text you want

Injector Driver Going Bad?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-FORD MAN

Recently on my classic fast box it started to slowly run lean and die under light loads, I had to increase the VE tables and the fuel pressure is still the same. How long is the average life of the injector drivers? I got about 10,000 street miles and maybe 350 1/4 mile passes at 80-95% (i know it's high:eek:).
Craig Smith, If this is the problem what would it take $$$ to get the box freshened up and the 02 sensor unlocked.
TIA, Les

Recently on my classic fast box it started to slowly run lean and die under light loads, I had to increase the VE tables and the fuel pressure is still the same. How long is the average life of the injector drivers? I got about 10,000 street miles and maybe 350 1/4 mile passes at 80-95% (i know it's high:eek:).
Craig Smith, If this is the problem what would it take $$$ to get the box freshened up and the 02 sensor unlocked.
TIA, Les

There's no average life that I would say. For the most part they last forever with failures being rather rare for at least 80% of the classic FAST systems in service. Systems shipped in mid 2004 or later may have been built with a supply of injector drivers that are more prone to failure than the original parts present in all earlier production units.

I charge $75 to bench test it and repairs beyond a clean inspection are billed for time and materials. I will also put a universal O2 calibration in any system I inspect.

I'll be happy to look at it if you wish... send me a PM for details if you are interested. Thanks!

P.S. 80-95% duty cycle down-track is perfect in my opinion! Don't sweat it, the parts deal with it just fine. You may want to have the injectors cleaned/tested while your ECU is with me (if you send it).

Craig

Craig, My box was pre 2004, let me look deeper into my problem before I send it in. THANKS, Les:D

Les, you drive that car more than I drive my GN and MCSS combined!

Back