Injector Duration vs Fuel Pressure.

I'm baffled by this entire thread.

This is basic physics.

Things move from areas of high pressure to areas of low pressure.
The rail must be pressurized to a point higher than the manifold or nothing will move when the injector opens.
For flow to to be predictable, the delta between the rail and the manifold must be the same at all times. That's why we have a pressure referenced regulator on the fuel rail. So that every time that injector opens, there's 43.5psi of pressure forcing fuel into the manifold.

There has to be a fantastic amount of bullshit out there for somebody to even consider what the OP is asking about.
I was trying to find the right words.........But boy! You did it!

And the industry standard term is duty cycle or pulse width. , not duration. If the hole is too small leaving it open longer does zero once its on 100℅ of the time. Ie: can't get more than 100℅.

Nothing is new here either. I did manage to replace the stock converter with a higher stall unit. I couldn’t build boost with the 60mm turbo at the line and had a 2.6 60ft with a 12.8@108mph.

Now I’ve got a Lonnie-Extreme Stage 2 with his 3,000 stall converter. ...and a Transbrake.

I’m hoping to get over there during a track rental if my work schedule permits.

Let me know when your heading up, I'll try to make it up at that time.

Only up to the point that the injector duty cycle (DC%) is over 85. Once 100% is reached, that's it, no more fuel can be added. Inbetween 85% and 100% the injectors can get erratic in fuel delivery.

RemoveBeforeFlight
it doesnt mean its going to.this is where pressure is so important

Hey gang,

Someone told me that increasing injector duration can be done instead of increasing fuel pressure.

https://turbobuick.com/goto/post?id=3853152
RmvBfrFlght said:
Only up to the point that the injector duty cycle (DC%) is over 85. Once 100% is reached, that's it, no more fuel can be added. Inbetween 85% and 100% the injectors can get erratic in fuel delivery.

it doesnt mean its going to.this is where pressure is so important

In the context of the question my response is correct. Also note that as fuel delivery pressure increases, the fuel pump LPH/Lb-Hr delivery of the pump decreases. This is where the balancing act is substantial (between required pressure and actual volume of delivery).

RemoveBeforeFlight

This is where the balancing act is substantial (between required pressure and actual volume of delivery).
i agree to this.however,there is a misconseption that injectors cannot be run at 100% which is why i quoted you. as with the proper pressure depending on injector and condition they can be run wide open as i have 7+years of logs that show it can be done.