You can type here any text you want

Injector Issue could use some help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
My buddys car is giving him some problems im trying to help him out bad misfire one cylinder is out, pulled the injector plug and there was no difference in characteristic of engine when i pulled that injector plug , whenever i would pull any other it would misfire alot heavier so i think i found the problem, Question is how can i check if that injector is any good? Also I did check the harness and its getting power, i have a spare harness im just going to swap for him real quick because the plug was giving me mixed singnals possibly bad contact on plug. But i think that the injector might not be good or has a bad/burned resistor driver in ECM, anyway to test out an injector i only have a multimeter dont have a power probe, can i simply place another injector plug and feel the injector to see if it pulses not sure if that would be an ok way to quickly test it? Maybe try to OHM the injector? see the different readings accross boards and see if i can find something outa wack?

Had the same thing happen to me with brand new Precision 84lb injectors. I swapped out with a known good injector and walla.

Well you can plug a noid lite into the harness and see if it flashes, available online or from a tool supplier. Or you can plug in the harness and take a long screwdriver to your ear and the injector and see if you hear it clicking on and off. FYI, the system switches ground, not power.

Well got fed up bought the noid light kit, so the injector plug was no good no pulse.. Checked the injector harness plug looked great, then got mad took the harnes out and visually inspected the plug on each end everything seemed good. Everything seemed fine so i had no choice but to start tracing wires behind the plug, Got ALL the way to the computer and just with a slight tug a pin had mangled itself out of the ECM plug..I softly pushed it in, and wala, the noid started pulsing! took me long enough..... finally got that handled!

Back