You can type here any text you want

Injector "lag" time?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Taffy

My friend and I were trying to tune his 89 Nissan 240sx, SR20DET powered. The ECM is by APEXi called the Power FC. It has 850cc injectors.

Now to the question: There is a section in the tuning parameters for injector lag time. After reading in this forum on lag time of injectors i have found that it is the time it take to get the injector moving. The higher flowing ones are slower opening than the smaller ones I guess due to the larger mass to open and close. Is the lag time a linear variable with size, or is it totally different between all injectors? The Power FC manual gave us #s to use for the lag, but it was just a ratio of stock size injectors vs. the new size injectors.

I kinda found an answer. I went to a few websites and checked out Lag Time on injectors. It is totally dependent on the injector. Not the size necessarily. I also noticed that Disc injectors are about 0.30ms faster than Pintle injectors. That was just for the manufacturor that my friend is using on his 240SX.:)

Back