You can type here any text you want

Injector Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

spross86

I just pulled to injectors from the motor there is plastic cups left in the injector bore
What are they for?

The stock Bosch style injectors had a plastic tip on the end. They must have pulled off and stuck in the bore.

Now, the question is, do you have Bosch injectors (check part#), or take a pic of the injector and post it here.

The stock Bosch style injectors had a plastic tip on the end. They must have pulled off and stuck in the bore.

Now, the question is, do you have Bosch injectors (check part#), or take a pic of the injector and post it here.
Yes they are Bosch. But looking at them they are hard as a rock and would never fit over the injector tips. I have been chasing a mis and stumble in this car maybe this is the issue. These are not stock Bosch they are 36lbs?

Yes they are Bosch. But looking at them they are hard as a rock and would never fit over the injector tips. I have been chasing a mis and stumble in this car maybe this is the issue. These are not stock Bosch they are 36lbs?
I just ordered 60lbs and chip from Eric at TT

They do press onto the tip of the injector.

They do press onto the tip of the injector.
that's what I thought but the injector tips are the size of the outside diameter of the caps not even close
could these be the factory size and somebody just dropped them in the bore? to me it looks like the injectors where just sitting
on top of them and not sealed at all? I have been chasing a stumble and O2 readings in the 900 range the fuel could just
be blowing around the caps instead of out of the end of the cap.

Attachments

• injector caps.png
    injector caps.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 114
that's what I thought but the injector tips are the size of the outside diameter of the caps not even close
could these be the factory size and somebody just dropped them in the bore? to me it looks like the injectors where just sitting
on top of them and not sealed at all? I have been chasing a stumble and O2 readings in the 900 range the fuel could just
be blowing around the caps instead of out of the end of the cap.

That is a possibility. It could be somebody removed injectors and the caps came off without them realizing it. I have seen stranger things that people have done to cars. How many of the bores had caps in them?

That is a possibility. It could be somebody removed injectors and the caps came off without them realizing it. I have seen stranger things that people have done to cars. How many of the bores had caps in them?
All 6! And there is no caps on the injectors

36# Bluetops have those caps, just like the stockers....
I doubt seriously that all 6 pulled loose when the injs ware removed...Stockers or otherwise.
Your issue could well have been vac leak around the o'rings...
The pintle caps have a ridgeon the ID. They snap onto the inj tip. I'd bet whomever assembled them, just slid the caps on, and didn't snap them in place. When you took the injs out, the caps stayed. No big deal. fish them out, replace w/ new caps, o'rings,, and reinstall. [Should be a o'ring backup washer, and an o'ring on the inj. Backup washer goes on first.]

36# Bluetops have those caps, just like the stockers....
I doubt seriously that all 6 pulled loose when the injs ware removed...Stockers or otherwise.
Your issue could well have been vac leak around the o'rings...
The pintle caps have a ridgeon the ID. They snap onto the inj tip. I'd bet whomever assembled them, just slid the caps on, and didn't snap them in place. When you took the injs out, the caps stayed. No big deal. fish them out, replace w/ new caps, o'rings,, and reinstall. [Should be a o'ring backup washer, and an o'ring on the inj. Backup washer goes on first.]
well the injectors are black top 36s old Accel typ. and did not have caps so I pulled the caps out and reinstalled the injectors
and she runs like a scalded DOG! unreal the guy I bought it from had it to 3 shops no telling who left the old caps behind
took me two months to find it. thanks everybody for all your help! now I can get to the good stuff ADD ONs

Attachments

• caps.jpg
    caps.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 74
Good!
The caps retain the o'rings...The intake inj bores should keep the rings in place. I frequently get injs in for cleaning that have caps missing, broken.

Back