You can type here any text you want

Inside exhaust coating.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DarthBuick

I Win even in your dreams.
Has anyone coated the inside and outside of the headers and downpipe and recorded the temperature difference before and after? I am thinking about getting mine coated and was wondering if there was a real world difference. I have a infrared temp gun but didn't get header temp before engine tear down. I can record the after application. Is it worth it. thanks

Your IR gun won't accurately read the headers with the coating.

Years ago I replaced my stock headers and crossover with coated units. That's the only change I made and the exact same NB O2 sensor was much more accurate. Before the swap it was lazy. After the swap I was on the way to a shoot and noticed that same sensor was more active than a new one.

So it does work.

Your IR gun won't accurately read the headers with the coating.

Years ago I replaced my stock headers and crossover with coated units. That's the only change I made and the exact same NB O2 sensor was much more accurate. Before the swap it was lazy. After the swap I was on the way to a shoot and noticed that same sensor was more active than a new one.

So it does work.
So I guess it does work. I have read how it helps with flow and consistent temps, but I haven't seen actual under hood temperature before and after differences . I have planned on having mine coated.

@rmar always said don't coat the inside of the headers since you could never clean it enough and it could flake off and go through the turbo

Back