Inside grill mount or stock location intercooler?

I know this is gonna stir up some shit but when things go wrong with 93 octane with or without Alky you blow a head gasket , When things go wrong with E85 you get a rod out the bottom of your engine . Just my thoughts as we all have them . But if you have a stock car the factory IC will be just fine .

I know this is gonna stir up some shit but when things go wrong with 93 octane with or without Alky you blow a head gasket , When things go wrong with E85 you get a rod out the bottom of your engine . Just my thoughts as we all have them . But if you have a stock car the factory IC will be just fine .
As I have said in other threads, any way you choose to do it is fine. I use alky, he uses race fuel, she likes E-85, the GLBT people like additives, your x-girlfriend's girlfriend has a giant intercooler, and the family pet uses 93. Whatever floats your boat.

We all want to go fast. But for a street car, pick what you understand and whatever you feel will get you where you would like to be. But also base your choice on reliability. Then tune to the best of what your choice had to offer. Then stab it whenever you feel like it, the very most important things are a consistent repeatable predictable formula.

If your not always at the track trying to beat you last best, and your not messing with the other options and adapting to new learning curves, and you settled into the habits of checking for alky leaks, or E-85 content, or calculating octane, then maybe it's best to stick with it.

For the racers and power hunters........they know the risks. As do I.

As I have said in other threads, any way you choose to do it is fine. I use alky, he uses race fuel, she likes E-85, the GLBT people like additives, your x-girlfriend's girlfriend has a giant intercooler, and the family pet uses 93. Whatever floats your boat.

We all want to go fast. But for a street car, pick what you understand and whatever you feel will get you where you would like to be. But also base your choice on reliability. Then tune to the best of what your choice had to offer. Then stab it whenever you feel like it, the very most important things are a consistent repeatable predictable formula.

If your not always at the track trying to beat you last best, and your not messing with the other options and adapting to new learning curves, and you different
Oh yes , to each his own . Your right , you gotta pic a direction and go with it .

Oh yes , to each his own . Your right , you gotta pic a direction and go with it .
I try to keep in mind that experimentation, modification, and changes are part of hot-rodding.

But I'm directing logic like this towards the street guys. Not to discourage them from finding new ways to go fast, of course. Just to keep it simple so they may be able to enjoy their cars a little longer between explosions.

Not necessarily. It all depends what power level you're at if you're making that accusation of E85 compared to 93 and alky injection.

If you're making serious power with 93 octane and alky injection, and the alky pump fails you'll be popping a head gasket and maybe some other damage to the engine as well. If you're making serious power on E85 and something bad happens (let's say your fuel pump fails) you'll have the same damage to the engine.

With E85, if you're using a single pump, you have 1 less thing to potentially go wrong on the car. With 93+alky you have both the in-tank fuel pump and the alky pump to potentially go wrong...not saying that they ever will, but if you're going to say that E85 causes more damage than 93+alky when something goes wrong, you have to also address that 93+alky has 1 more part that is integral to the safety of the engine (the in-tank pump) and also clarify what power level you're talking about.

Going lean at 700hp and detonating is possible with both setups. Whether you're using E85 or 93+alky, if you go lean, you'll detonate, regardless of what fuel you're using.

I think you're probably saying that you'd throw a rod with E85 because typically people that run E85 are making a whole lot more power..enough so that when they detonate or have a failure, it is sometimes catastrophic, like throwing a rod... am I correct in that guess?

Wow...$1.29 gallon that's incredibly. Thats a lot cheaper than what I pay for Sunoco 104.