Install alky in the dash

jim0207

INVNO1
I removed the dash plate. Using a dremal the first thing I did was remove enough of the sub dash behind the dash plate. I then took the alky control that set between the dash and the radio and removed the two screws holding the control box together. Opened the box then removed the plate that held the dial knob, test button and LED lamp. Remove the nuts holding the dial control and test button from the plate. I now can remove the LED and the little plastic lamp holder. Install the control, LED and test button in the new dash plate. Now take your dermal and open up the dash trim enough for the wires to relax behind the dash. Reinstall dash trim now slip the wires through the trim. Remove the tape cover and continue to guide the wires through until the new plate mates with the dash trim.

Attachments

• alky dash cluster 080.jpg
    alky dash cluster 080.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 834
  • alky dash cluster 086.jpg
    alky dash cluster 086.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 803
  • alky dash cluster 087.jpg
    alky dash cluster 087.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 783
  • alky dash cluster 089.jpg
    alky dash cluster 089.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 990
Monkey see, monkey do. Heads up the Lil set screw on the gain nob is the fun part.but easy install.

Attachments

• 1394681748490.jpg
    1394681748490.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 541
Great jobs guys, for the rest of you thinking about doing this the plates are available from us on this page of our site. http://buickgn.com/dash.htm Go down to the bottom of the page. Worried about going back to stock? We have stock replacement panels as well on that page.

Monkey see, monkey do. Heads up the Lil set screw on the gain nob is the fun part.but easy install.

Did you have much to cut out behind the dash plate in that location? That's where mine is going, but I haven't taken a look behind yet.

I did a little cut just so the wires from the gain switch dont hit.an feed the wires thru the antenna hole very easy. Thanks TR Coustoms.

Looks good. I like installs like this, incorporating the aftermarket stuff to look factory.