You can type here any text you want

Install FAST, no start situation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ablackFormula

car: 1995 Pontiac Firebird Formula, LT1 engine.

Hey guys, I just finished installing my FAST unit and the car won't start. I'm not sure how to differentiate the problem between one in the program and one in the hookup/wiring, etc.

First attempt, car cranked and cranked, to no avail. I let off the key, waited 3 seconds and started again. Fuel pump runs, you can hear it. Second time, car runs for 1/2 a second and stalls, so the third time I tried to give it gas as it started up, car still stalled no more than a second later.

The VE tables and timing tables I copied from the stock computer (via TunerCat) and I kinda just made up the other tables putting in what sounds right.

I have a datalog of one of the better attempts to start, where the rpm's picked up over 1000. I'm hoping someone will be willing to look at my files, and datalog, maybe somebody can give me a straight hint of what they had to do to get the car running after first installation. All sensor values seem appropriate, TPS is good from dashboard, MAP reads atmosphere, ECT read 34* which seems reasonable, it's snowing today.

I forgot to mention, there is a constant PW of 19.7 ms, which seems to directly correspond to the cranking fuel table (which is ms vs coolant temp)

Is this a good number to have for 36* coolant?

Try throwing a bunch of fuel at it in the VE table, lower left quadrant to get it started. It sounds like it is too lean for the cold start. You can back into the cold start tables, this would quickly show all is ok if it starts. Or try adding more fuel in the coollant temp vs fuel table

I actually got the problem resolved by adjusting the IAC tables, it apparently wasn't opening enough, starving the engine of air. It would start, run for a second or two and die out, but once I increased the #'s in the IAC tables it started right up. Now I'm having problems with the O2 sensor and can't tune the thing right...

why is there so many o2 sensor problems all of a sudden, what are you guys doing wrong?:confused: :confused:

I've been noticing that the past few posts have been O2 sensor problems also, and I've only just started to get into the FAST and tuning it, I haven't even been able to drive the car w/ it hooked up yet and the sensors already bad...

Back