You can type here any text you want

Installing different seats

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastblackracing

I am thinking of putting some different front seats in my we4, was wondering what people have put in and liked that fit without a lot of issues. Nothing along the lines of kirkey aluminum im too old for that.

I have a limited leather setup to put in mine. I'm saving up for a headliner and carpet before I put the seats in.
Probably not what you are looking for.

I have a limited leather setup to put in mine. I'm saving up for a headliner and carpet before I put the seats in.
Probably not what you are looking for.
Yeah thanks any way, looking for something along the lines of a comfy racing bucket. The stock seat offers almost no support/containment.

I don't think comfy and racing bucket work out together. Maybe someone has an idea.

Here are two pictures showing some Porsche seats installed in a GN. A neat touch is that the owner had them recovered in gray/black leather (door panels also) to match the rest of the car's interior! (y)

Claude. :)
!BU3tw2!Bmk~$(KGrHgoOKjUEjlLmU)7+BKPrKP!7zQ~~_12.JPG
!BU3tdfQB2k~$(KGrHgoOKjoEjlLmRkbZBKPrI0pg0!~~_12.JPG

I have Corbeau CR1 racing seats in microsuede with black/grey like a GN style. I can only last 150 miles straight sitting in them, but they are totally worth it.

Wow, those Porche seats look great. Any idea what model they came out of?

They look like they're from a 996 or 987, pretty sure the seats are the same in both models.

Think they might be from a Boxster.

I am thinking of putting some different front seats in my we4, was wondering what people have put in and liked that fit without a lot of issues. Nothing along the lines of kirkey aluminum im too old for that.

How about keeping it Buick and installing a set of Lear Seigler seats from an 84?85. I have them and I love them. Adjustable lumbar support and side bolsters. My car was an original bench seat and i decided to go with them when I converted from column shift about 10 years ago. Today they are upholstered in black velour with grey piping to match the vinyl dash and trim. I had the headrests custom embroidered with " 6 turbocharged" This picture was taken a few years ago. Sorry for the angle. I'll see if I can get a new one up tomorrow.
Picture 009.jpg

Back