You can type here any text you want

Installing Fuel pump w/hot wire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

I am going to install a fuel pump and hot wire kit(racetronix) on my TTA. Any tips from anyone? I am doing it on a lift.

TIA

I'd suggest doing a search in this forum. That question has come up often and there are several how-to's and be-aware-of responses...

The hot-wire is a straight-forward install per the directions. Basically plug & play.

If you are installing the 340 Walbro, DO NOT use the stock pulsator. Use the small piece of fuel line provided in the kit.

Originally posted by Jan Larsson
hmmm lets say you did use the stock pulsator with the Walbro pump what might happen ?

Walbro pump is shorter than the stock unit, pulsator fit becomes sloppy and can be pushed up, loosing its seal. This happened to a friends TTA, he insisted on using the pulsator even though I told him to use the fuel line. Car wouldn't start after install, it would pump fuel, but would not build pressure. Needless to say we got real good at dropping the tank out.:p

The other thing you want to do is widen and clean up the metal "feed" tube. You'll notice that you can widen that area where it has the flare and get a little more flow.

When get ready to remove tank on drivers side rear fenderwell there is a plastic panel to the back upper side below filler neck. Remove this panel it will aid visually when removing tank so you can see where the filler neck will become logded in upper back corner. Instead of bending filler neck just tweak this sheet metal slightly and you will not have to bend neck. Not to hard of a job as I was told.

Back