You can type here any text you want

Installing my new parts...lots of questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just a thought. With your new setup wouldn't a duttweiler neck on the intercooler be a worth while mod? It seems to me that it would really help move that volume of air you're trying to flow from the turbo to the intake.

Also what MAF sensor/translator are you using?

Looking great!! Put a zip tie on that fuel pressure regulator..That will save your motor.

Jason

thanks...yeah I have to go over everything a few more times and add a few zip ties for sure :cool:

Very Nice. Nice downpipe too!
thanks...it is pretty nice just a shame it uses the stock elbow...just barely fits with the 6776 turbo...going to make a new elbow very soon.

Scott

Nice Scott! The Trans looks brand new now..... When you get it done, you'll have to come up to Mason Dixon and put a tune on it.

Just a thought. With your new setup wouldn't a duttweiler neck on the intercooler be a worth while mod? It seems to me that it would really help move that volume of air you're trying to flow from the turbo to the intake.

Also what MAF sensor/translator are you using?

The duttweiler neck is in the plan for sure. For now running the stock MAF but may concider the new Full Throttle 4" MAF pipe w/built in MAF sensor and translator down the road. FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

Heads and cam are in the future as well ;)

Scott

Nice Scott! The Trans looks brand new now..... When you get it done, you'll have to come up to Mason Dixon and put a tune on it.

Hoping to fire it up this weekend...yeah the trans cleaned up real well...hit it with a few coats of Hi-Temp alumi-cast and then finished it off with a coupel coats of Hi-Temp clear to seal it up. It is real smooth and oil just wipes off with a rag :cool: I tried to clean and paint all the parts I had off...trans cross member, torque arm, etc. Really want to clean up and get some black paint on the rear...the bar rusty metal is just nasty.

The MAGNA Anderson open house we went to last year is scheduled for Sunday June 22nd...I may take it down and if Billy has time get a few passes on the dyno to try and dial it in. And yeah...definitely would like to get up to Mason Dixon for few passes.

-Scott

For now running the stock MAF but may concider the new Full Throttle 4" MAF pipe w/built in MAF sensor and translator down the road. FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

Scott

As I understand it the stock MAF can only read enough air to power around 400hp. After that it is just maxed out. If your turbo keeps adding air but the computer doesn't realize the car needs more fuel it may lean out. With that monster turbo you should be there already. Somebody else can jump in with comments or other suggestions but I'd recommend at least looking into that.

As far as the 4" MAF from full throttle, did you see the one over on turbobuick.com that the guy modified to fit a TTA? It does look like a lot of fabricating to make it fit a TTA but sure did turn out nice. The same guy who put that 4"MAF pipe together just made me a 3.5" MAF pipe. He seems very good to deal with and I'm really excited to see how my new piece turned out.

Two thumbs up for a pretty cool ride. That 67mm turbo should SCREAM!

Eric

As I understand it the stock MAF can only read enough air to power around 400hp. After that it is just maxed out. If your turbo keeps adding air but the computer doesn't realize the car needs more fuel it may lean out. With that monster turbo you should be there already. Somebody else can jump in with comments or other suggestions but I'd recommend at least looking into that.

good question...I'll have to see what some of the experts have to say. I do know that several have gone low 11's on the stock MAF. As far as HP I have been told that I should be approaching 500hp...with heads and cam the turbo is certainly capable of a good bit more then that.

It's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!

fired the TTA up this evening for the 1st time...went kind of like this...hooked the battery up and turned the key, cranked and cranked and cranked no start...hum........dol! forgot to plug in the ecm after installing the new TT alky chip :redface: So I plug it in and she starts right up, seems to be running ok for the 1st start then I notice my DP & possibly my elbow is leaking and that darn anti-seize and left over PB Blaster on the exhaust bolts is smoking like a mother. It isn't idling very good and now is about to stall out...dol #2 forgot to adjust the fuel pressure..20 psi isn't making it very happy so I shut her off :redface: I pulled the end of the DP and the elbow and reinstal them, seemed to go together a little better and fire her back up...exhaust leak is gone :cool: I adjusted the fuel pressure to the recomended 43psi with the vacumm line off and seems to be running pretty good now. Still up on the ramps so no driving just yet, just letting it run and looking for leaks. The Alky kit is installed as well but didn't have any methanol yet...I picked up a couple qts. of denatured alcohol but have not dumped it in yet. May be able to get a gallon of methanol this week so I may just wait. The red low-alcohol led is on so I know that is working and the pump comes on when I hit the test button just no alky to check out the green/red led.

I currently have the wate gate actuator hooked up "tunner" style so I can keep the boost down until I'm sure the alky is working properly. I removed the "y" and plugged the boost solenoid line and ran a hose directly from the turbo to the waste gate actuator...was this correct?

Anyway...can't wait to take her for a spin and see how she runs...looks like next weekend if all goes well!

-Scott

Back