You can type here any text you want

installing Pioneer 4x10 speakers problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Purple87SS

YouTube Video Maker
The stock brackets that hold the speaker up to the rear deck are not working to hold te new pioneer 4x10;s I have. he magnets are obvuiosly bigger. What have you guys done to make this work. I DO NOT want to cut the rear deck or use 6x9 speakers with adapters since I already have the 4x10s

Let me know, I only have front speakers working for right now!

weird... the pioneer 4x10's in the back of my cutlass bolted right in with no problems... buicks different?

i got pioneer 4x10s in my gn and they fit perfect. are you sure they are 4x10 not 5x9 or something

i had to bend and fit the bracket. it uses the hook to secure it just bend the bracket to make it deeper and hook it up

Yes I am positive they are 4x10. I have an SS with the same rear speakers except the mount differently-no brackets. I guess I have to play with them this weekend. Im telling you the magnets are making it hard to get the bracket to bend and reach the hook. I give it some more effort this weekend.

Anyone have a pic of Pioneers 4x10 using the brackets?????
No pics of stock/any other brand please.

I just did them the other day. First take the 4 tabs on each side of the bracket and slightly bend them out, not to much though. Then on the to ends that slide into the rear deck, opposite of the wire clip, bend those up slightly to reach the hols in the rear deck, then just push very hard to get the clip in, the main problem for the pioneer 4 x 10s is the sealer on the top around the speaker is thicker than original which pushes the bracket down. Try that and let me know. I would take pics, but just installed custom sub box and it is a pain to put in and take out.

I was doing an install in a Buick and someone had an idea that worked.. he used a huge wiretie (or riptie whatever you want to call them) and went from the part that hooks the speaker on the rear deck to the loop in the braket that holds the speaker up. Pulled it tight and it worked perfect. He had 4x10's in there but they had this monster magnet on them. Sounded fine and seemed to work perfect!

Thats exactly what I used to hold my 6x9's up in place, a couple of those big nylon zip-ties, works great!

Well I ended trying to use the brackets and gave up. I went with the back up plan. I just use some self tappers and they worked like planned. Held up there nice an tight and looks good too. So my new headunit is installed and the four speakers are working. Now I need speakers for my CSII. That, I guess, will be next.

i just took mine out, i have 4x10 kenwood (rear) and 5in jbl (doors)

ebay# 8034783429

Purple87SS said:
Well I ended trying to use the brackets and gave up. I went with the back up plan. I just use some self tappers and they worked like planned. Held up there nice an tight and looks good too. So my new headunit is installed and the four speakers are working. Now I need speakers for my CSII. That, I guess, will be next.

I used infinity reference 3 1/2 in the dash, and 5 1/4 in the doors, they fit perfect, and the pioneers in the rear, and let me tell you concert sound is back, then for a little thump got a solo baric 10" for the trunk with lots of dynamat.

Back