You can type here any text you want

Installing rear upper control arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JRC86GN

HI

I am going tobe installing UMI upper control arm and was woundering about the bolts that hold them into place. I am guessing that the factory used 12mm like the lower control arms and I will need new grade 8 bolts to fit the 1/2" bushings. Does anyone know how long the bolts need to be?

Anything to look for or suguestions for instlation would be great.

Thanks
Jack

You need 4 inch bolts. Also will have to drill the holes to 1/2 inch. I dont think the factory holes will take them with opening them up.

Coach

we didn't drill any holes . Why would ya need LONGER bolts ??? they bolt up in the stock location ?? :cool:

we didn't drill any holes . Why would ya need LONGER bolts ??? they bolt up in the stock location ?? :cool:

I was told that the factory bolts are 12mm and the bushings that umi use are 1/2" so they are slightly loose on the factory bolts.

But if you are saying that when you had these in your car you used the factory bolts and they had no play that is good enough for me ( these came from you car - got them from you last fall )

Thanks
Jack

Couldn't the bolts being smaller than bushings cause unwanted play? I've been chasing a poping in the rear of my car.

True- The factory bolts are 12mm and the UMI bushings are 1/2". I drilled my mounting holes to 1/2" as I didn't want any extra noises from the slight extra slop.

John

I was told that the factory bolts are 12mm and the bushings that umi use are 1/2" so they are slightly loose on the factory bolts.

But if you are saying that when you had these in your car you used the factory bolts and they had no play that is good enough for me ( these came from you car - got them from you last fall )

Thanks
Jack

Back