intake manifold stud?

dmclean

Does anyone know what the stud marked 16 in the diagram below should be torqued to. There is a 10mm hex on the stud and then a 15mm nut to hold the coil module bracket. The torque values for the stud and the nut should be different. I had a huge problem trying to un-seize the 15mm nut. A lot of heat and quench the stud and it finally broke free. I also have the same problem with stud holding the PCV tube bracket on the passenger side except the 15mm nut turns with the stud and the tube bracket so I can't remove it. I have been soaking with ATF and Acetone. Still no luck. I can't get a 10mm wrench on the stud hex and even if I could, I'd probably round the hex. Any tricks would be appreciated.

Coil Mount.PNG

Take an old 10mm wrench and grind it thin enough to hold the stud under the tab on the pipe. Use an impact to loosen the nut

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks Turbo Dave, I putzed around with it and broke the mounting tab for the PCV pipes and got the stud out. The hex on the stud was bigger than the 10mm I thought it was and not the same same size as the other studs that hold the ignition module bracket. Go figure. One more learning thing. I still have to figure out what to torque the studs into the intake manifold (plenum). I found a product called No Ox ID Special A and plan to coat the upper threads of the studs and use some anti-sieze on the lower threads and that should fix the problem. Now to see if I can get the fuel rail and injectors out in one piece. Wish me luck.