intake pipes

86grandnat.

I just recieved all the intake pipes I ordered and now I have to find a way to make them work together. I got the 3" pipe with the 3" Impala ss MAF and the 3" cone filter. The rubber connectors will not fit to the maf cause the maf is to big, how could that be when they are all the same size?? Anywho, is there someone here who sells the correct rubber hoses for this? Not sure what I'm goin to do about this filter, guess I'm gonna have to rig something up for it as well. I also got the extender chip and I ordered it with 30lb injectors, but now I have 50lb injectors, can i run the chip with these injectors? Sorry if these questions seem stupid, im just a little flustered right now.

Did you get a LS1 3.5" sensor by mistake? If you have 3" connectors and truly have a LT1 sensor then it should fit. Try a little soapy water to get the connector over the lip of the sensor.

You will have to get the chip redone to work with the different injectors.

BTW, not sure if you have one of my intakes or not?

Even though the LT1 sensor is 3" it's very tight. Use soapy water or silicone spray on the hose and a little effort/twisting. Chip must match as stated.

You might also try brake (Not Carb) cleaner. I used this when installing my Big Mouth kit. The kit's hose tolerances are very tight. Spray it directly on the rubber portion only. It makes the rubber slicker than you know what on ice! Additionally, it evaporates quickly and it does not leave any slippery residue behind. Once it is on, it is on. It is also great for slipping new hoses onto the vaccum block and lines.

The outer dimensions on the maf are 3.5". According to the box it came in its supposed to be the 3" impala maf. The number on the box is 25180303 and the number on the unit is 89873784644. I got all this stuff from full throttle speed. Where would I have to send the chip to get it reprogrammed? I checked the hoses again and the hoses fit inside the maf tight but i don't think there is any way I'm goin to get them to actually fit over top. I think I might be able to get the filter on though, but its gonna be incredibly tight.

Is this the right Impala SS maf or is it the 3.5" one. Where would I go to get my chip reprogrammed as well, thanks!

Impala SS is 3" matches your part#... maybe boxed wrong?
I ordered extender chip for my combo/injector size.

That is the correct sensor it should measure 3.25 on the outside. The hose will stretch over it. We also have a 3 to 3.25 adaptor hose
Mike

Mike, I measured it again and it measures 3.5" outer diameter. U don't have any 3 - 3 1\2" hoses? There is no way this hose is goin to stretch over the sensor, I might be able to get the filter to fit though.

All LS1 and aluminum head LT1's (Camaro and Firebird) are 3.5 inch. Iron head LT1's (Impala SS, Roadmaster) are 3.0 inch. You will not be able to stretch a 3.0 inch rubber connector over a 3.5 inch maf sensor.

We carry a 3.00"-3.50" Transition hose, as well as a full line of hoses. We are a supporting vendor and members get 10% off. Just place your screen name and TurboBuick.com in the comments box of the checkout pages and your order will be adjusted when we process. Our website is http://www.stylinmotors.com.

Sig