intercooled 84

This is a car that I did for a customer couple years ago.
Stock location turbo for hot air. 86-87 intake. Lots of work and would really make you think.

IMAG0497.jpg
IMAG0308 (1).jpg
IMAG0494.jpg

Thanks toolguy, it looks great, how was the performance, with this type of set, the only problems I'm having is where the waste gate sit, if you saw the pic, and the throttle cables, if I get the 86,87 throttle cable, that should work?

86-87 throttle bracket and cable. i had to cut waste gate bracket apart and relocate it. It was tight fit to get geometry correct without binding.
It runs good. never really turned it up. kinda having problems with comp cams roller lifters. Im on second set after send back for warranty. always tick. they tick enough that knock sensor is pulling timing out.
Customer thinks it screams. so i just leave it at 18# and let him enjoy it.
its cool it turns heads,gets real Buick guys stopping to take second look? But by far the hardest buick i have ever worked on.
Making the up pipe really woke up the turbo.

Wow, can't wait to get mine running again, what about the throttle bracket, have to use 86,87 one?

Yes I had to use 87 bracket. But used 87 tb also.
I laser cut out a flange to fit turbo and did away with doughnut gasket. Then used a v-band flange to connect to header and had to take stainless pipe and expanded it to fit v-band ring. It was another very tight fit next to the G-body down pipe.
The down pipe didn't fit very well and had lots of time making it correctly and not leak.
IMAG0310.jpg
IMAG0309.jpg
IMAG0306.jpg

It takes lot of time. Don't think it didn't sit for couple months at a time while I was mad and ponder thoughts.
If you put a big fuel pump you may have to change return fuel in. It caused to much fuel pressure. More drama. Lol

It also has 60# injectors. 84 has 1/4 return fuel line. 87 has 5/16" line. pressure would build up in line and regultor could not be adjusted low enough.

I used all braided lines and an fittings. Cut machined and welded AN fitting to billet aluminum fuel pressure regulator.
Best to use 87 fuel rail. The 87 faces forward and gives more clearance for throttle linkage.

Yea I ran into that problem, 84 fuel rail rubs on that valve to check fuel pressure, looking for fuel rail now

Hey toolguy on that te 60 turbo, has that fitting on mine at the bottom, anyway to relocate that fitting?

I think you should be able to plug and relocate it ? but i would ask someone in "turbo" page of this forum.
Looks like there is a lot of time in fabricating the intake.

What intake ? Mine, I bought this kit complete, with all the piping, intercooler, intake, upper plenum, etc, stuff