intercoolers group purchase

KENAN_JAMES

I am posting this to gauge intrested in a group purchase for these intercoolers. I have talk to the dealer directly and he would give of a discount depending on how many we buy.More we buy the cheaper they are. Here is a link to check them out. Leave some feedback guys good or bad it won't hurt my feelings ;) I am intrested in your opinion and how many you all might want. I also emailed him about piping, but I will have to wait and see if it will be available. Also if anybody here knows someone who would sell or make piping that might help. check'em out and post,post,post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7951635365

THAT COOLER LOOKS SMALL, ALSO LOOKS LIKE FUN TRYING TO MOUNT IN A GN!!! AND YOU WILL HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING PIPES FOR THIS COOLER TO MOUNT TO A GN, , NOT TO MENTION THAT MANDREL ALUMINUM BENT PIPES ARE EXPENSIVE!!! YOUR BETTER OFF GETTING A PRECISION FRONT MOUNT!!! VERY WELL MADE, DIRECT EASY INSTALLATION,AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY FOR THE COMPLETE KIT!!!! :cool:

Originally posted by TURBOGTA1
THAT COOLER LOOKS SMALL, ALSO LOOKS LIKE FUN TRYING TO MOUNT IN A GN!!! AND YOU WILL HAVE A PROBLEM GETTING PIPES FOR THIS COOLER TO MOUNT TO A GN, , NOT TO MENTION THAT MANDREL ALUMINUM BENT PIPES ARE EXPENSIVE!!! YOUR BETTER OFF GETTING A PRECISION FRONT MOUNT!!! VERY WELL MADE, DIRECT EASY INSTALLATION,AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY FOR THE COMPLETE KIT!!!! :cool:

You might have a BUTTON STUCK ON YOUR KEYBOARD!!! I think all the exclamation points get your rage communicated well enough!!!:eek: Take it easy on the guy. He just trying to come up with a more economical answer.

That intercooler looks very similar to the Spearco hotair intercooler I had. I have to agree that it is a little small for a frontmount. I can understand you wanting to fab your own front mount considering the high cost of a PRECISION FRONT MOUNT!! Of course everyone seems to think it is a Godsend for a mere $1k.:rolleyes:

Good luck with your FMIC.

I'm confused. Is an intercooler judged purely by physical size? If it has more cooling power than a competitive design, but it just looks small, then don't buy it, even if it's cheaper? In some things, size matters. Heat exchangers don't necessarily work that way. It is thicker than many front mounts, and because it is a plate/bar design, the heat transfer will be better than a fin tube, so it may work better, even though it's smaller. But hey, if it's looks your after...

GUYS, YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG!!!! THERES NO RAGE, KENAN JAMES IS LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK, AND IVE BEEN DOWN THE SAME ROAD PUTTING MY CAR TOGETHER. I WAS TRYING TO SAVE A BUCK WITH AN INTERCOOLER, AND TRYING TO FIND SOMEONE TO MAKE ALUMINUM PIPES IS HARD.I FOUND A COUPLE OF VENDORS, AND JUST THE PIPES WERE BETWEEN $300-$$350 TO MAKE, THAN YOU HAVE TO HOPE THEIR MADE TO FIT RITE!!!THEN THEIRS ALL THE CLAMPS AND HOSES, NOT TO MENTION THE COOLER IS 2.5" INLET/OUTLET. KNOW REDUCERS ARE REQUIRED. HOW MUCH ARE YOU INTO IT KNOW!!! PRECISION HAS A SALE FROM TIME TO TIME, AND I PAID $800 FOR MY COOLER PACKAGE, AND WHEN THE STOCK COOLER WAS OUT OF THE CAR,THE PRECISION WAS IN AND DONE IN LESS THAN A COUPLE OF HOURS. NOT ONLY DOES IT PERFORM WELL, BUT YEA, IT DOES LOOK GREAT!!!!! GOOD LUCK KENAN JAMES. :cool:

87 GN, 109 BLOCK 020 WITH J.E PISTONS, BILLET CAPS,
STEEL CRANK,212/212 ROLLER CAM, CHAMPION HEADS WITH INTAKE, T&D ROLLER ROCKERS,ACCUFAB UPPER WITH 70MM, 70GT Q-TRIM, PTE FRONT MOUNT, FULL ATR EXHAUST,BIG STUFF 3 FUEL SYSTEM,AND THE LIST GOES ON!! NO TIMES YET,BUT SHOULD BE FUN!!!!!!!

Not in need of a i/c but it looks like a good one to me.It would make a good stock location and it flows 1200 cfm.I made over 550hp one one that only flows 1010 cfm.I/c pipes dont have to be made out of aluminum.You could make them out of mild steel for less than $100 bucks.

It appears to be a 1080cfm unit you can buy from Spearco with cast end tanks. I bought mine for $550 back a few years ago (no discount). This unit looks like it has has the cast end tanks smoothed and buffed to a high luster.

Similar size (looks nearly identical and 3.5" thick also) Spearco unit flows 1080cfm with .8psi pressure drop and is rated at 600hp. It can flow more and support 800hp as in some turbo Stangs with higher pressure drop (less efficiency). It uses 2 of Spearcos highest flowing cores.

I'd ask what cores those are.

-GNX7

These are the specs the seller gave me regarding the 200 dollar IC I mentioned above-

CFM=1050 Boost=40lbs Horsepower=600 PS drops about .7 psi ---------------------- ISO 9000 is the term used in reference to the Quality Management System Requirements documents published by the International Standards Organization (ISO).

love the feed back

I really wanted to see what you guys thought and you surely told me. Save me some time and money;) . Couldn't ask for anything else I think I will just wait and get a stretch stock location IC when I go to the national this year :D. Thank felllas.