Intercooling a deisel????

G

GRAYGHOST

I was thinking of putting my stock intercooler from the turbo-t on my chevy. It is a 6.5 deisel. 94 model, so there are not that many aftermarket goodies for it.

Will this help? Obviously on our cars they do, but is there any difference to a deisel and a lower temp. air charge??

Any other tricks for the truck? I did the K&N filter, which could only be a stock style replacement, they made no filter charger type kit for my truck. I did get a 3" mandrel DP, even though the stock is 3", just not mandrel. Also took the resonator off, and am going to put a flowmaster on it when the DP goes on.

There is also a chip for the computer, but I have been told it was best to leave it be........anybody with some shade tree tricks for an old deisel??

I think the stock intercooler might be a little small for the 6.5 diesel. The Ford Power Stroke intercooler is rather large and it is cheap. Keep us updated.

get a new chip. ive seen that a new chip is one of the biggest things you can do to those trucks. the good ones allow you to control stuff like how long the injectors spray fuel, and you can make it spray 10 times more fuel than stock just with that chip. i believe a good one is called powerchip er sumthin like that. also, if you want, you could probably buy a cone filter and "ghetto rig it" onto the stock piping if you wanted to. its up to you, tho.

Good luck!!!

Contact Jim Hass, BUICK528 on this board, I don't know his shop phone number, but I'm sure someone on here does, he'll set you up with anything you can dream up for a diesel truck....

:cool:

also, about the chips. a good company is jetchips (jetchips.com) for diesels. hope that helps!!!