You can type here any text you want

Interest in TTA's is on the increase, post your interests and dreams here

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lee_Burough

..Never Forget..
Staff member
Interest in the TTA is on the increase. :cool:

I've noted several new TTA owners posting lately. Several Wannabe TTA owners too (no disrespect intended).

If you have a new car, tell us about it (What your car is now, and what you dream about doing with/to it).

If you're interested in TTA's, tell us what you're interested in doing with a TTA. You never know, you may find a good match with someone selling a TTA here.

Of course, those who hold the corporate knowledge on TTA experiences will chime in too. :D

Let the Bragging Begin....

FWIW & IMHO:
This is half or my current riding force:
And it is a real attention slut, too.
16K miles, virtually flawless condition, it does it's own bragging.

http://www.gnregistry.org/TRL00688B_BDA.htm

With my '02 Z06 being the other half, (see my sig)

But I am in need of another ride:
A pristine, ultra low mileage '89 TTA hardtop.
I want to be one of the 39, and I would rather be one of the 24 than one of the 15, but I'll settle for either.
Have cash, will travel.
E-mail line is open, somebody write.

Just got mine a couple of months ago. T-top/leather. 10 thousand miles. absolutely perfect condition, except for the 4 tiny holes in the front cover from the previous owner having to use the front plate. im the second owner.

its completely stock right now, all the way down to the air filter. I do plan on doing some mods however....unless someone offeres me enough money to sell it.

planning on putting it in some shows this summer. will let you guys know how it places.

:D

Im not a "real" TTA owner and Im not a wanna be than what am I?

Attachments

• cars 030.jpg
    cars 030.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 215
Replicant. Nice term, I'd run with it, dude. No shame not having a 'fake' one at all, except it isn't worth as much - but you weren't going to sell it anyway, right? Value means nothing to me becasue I plan on being buried in it anyway. :D

I bought mine with 94k on the clock early this March, with the following problems:
- A/C is out, they said it leaked but I could always fill it and have A/C for a few months...
- Heater core is out, they bypassed it becasue it leaked. Car runs pretty cool without it, and who needs a heater in Hawaii anyway?
- rear hatch defroster is out, only a few lines will work. More to come as I look into that problem.
- Tint isn't in the best of shape, either.
- Antenna motor always runs. The fuze is yanked out to prevent battey drain, so I have no horn, interior lights or turbo-timer. Plugging the fuse in and all that stuff works.
- Headliner is sagging. Even on the T-top under-liner whatevers. Lots of annoying reddish dust was coming out of them, so I stashed the liners for now. T-top headliners dont' sag nearly as bad as a solid roof headliner does, though, so I'm not terribly concerned about it yet.
- Driver's fog light is not working. It's also missing the stupid plastic clips that hold the lens to the body.
- I'm missing two badges, the nose badge and one of the winged tire emblems. The car looks naked without a nose badge!
- The fiberglass nose was replaced, but it wasn't primered before the idiots painted it, so the paint is chipping off of it.
- I had thought the boost gauge was kaput, but I discovered that it isn't - I just wasn't getting on the gas enough. :D The tee-fitting off of the MAP line is bad, still, so I'm probably not getting accurate readings as boost PSI will leak out before hittign the MAP. But it actually works, sort of.
- The car will make this odd dort of backfire type of complaining once or twice if I really get on the gas, after it gets done hesitating, it's a freaking rocket!!! For this reason, I rarely if ever exceed half throttle. Still pretty fast, though.
- Alignment is off. Driver's front tire shows sign of excessive wear on the outside portion of the tread.
- Tranny makes a curious whining sound in first gear only, pitch is based off of engine RPM's. No mechanical-sounding junk, and the fluid is super-clean, so I don't know. Doesn't affect driveability and shows no sigh of getting better or worse.
- Rust on the t-top cross bar thing, the black plate that is screwed inot the off. Pretty bad.
- Minor rust on the passenger A-pillar, a few inches from the base of the pillar. Looks deep.
For all of those reasons, the value of the car isn't very high, but a lot of these problems can be addressed by me, or a competent shop.

I paid seven grand for it. How much would you all have paid for it? Be brutally honest, please.

My dreams consist of the folowing items, hopefully in a logical order.
- FIX ALL THE GLARING MECHANICAL PROBLEMS ABOVE!
- ScanMaster. I'd like to know what's going on with the car, and to learn how it ticks.
- SFC's.
- Re-paint the car, new badges. I'd leave the door and windshield stickers off, the old owners had them reapplied when they re-painted the car some years ago and the windshield banner looks "off".
- I'm hazy on this point, but some subtle modifications, the typical stuff that most of you guys do, like the hot-wire fuel pump mod, a better boost gauge, and maybe other suspension modifications, replacement high-flow convertor, and anything else that just makes too much sense to ignore.

Despite the problems, I love driving it. Much more so then my GTA, which seems snail-slow in direct comparison! I still get some stares from other drivers, and Mustangs seem to hate my guts whenever I drive it. Real easy to spin up a Mustang GT owner (especially the more mods the Mustang has, tacky or not), and I even had a white nice-looking Cobra try to start something. Considering the car hates WOT, I just let them be immature, and really enjoy it when they get a ticket... Ricers give me a hard time also - I'm guessing it's the door stickers. My co-workers and fellow Church goers are always giving me props for the car, and all but drool over it. Once it's fixed up, I'll have a real head-turner on my hands. Makes me want to go cruising, just thinking about it.

Here's a picture of the car, illustrating a few of the problems I outlined above. No, the car next to it hasn't moved for YEARS. Does it show?

Attachments

• tta front small.jpg
    tta front small.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 189
Maybe paraTTA owner?
that sounds cool
Hey PVT num 11 honk if you see me or introduce yourself I go to the track often
although I will be heading back to the mainland in 2 months...

FWIW & IMHO:
Nothing really wrong with the term "wannabe" other than it has a bad conotation associated with it. Unless you are an inpulse buyer, wannabe is generally directly prior to ownership.

I'm a 'willbe' - will be a TTA owner.

Been looking for about 3 months now and have come across some really nice folks. Unfortunatly, I still haven't found that right car just yet. In the mean time, I continue the 'hunt' and learn as much about these cars as possible.

What am I looking for? A nice T-top/leather car with preferably under 50K miles and basically stock. Minor upgrades are ok. Prefer to stay in a 700 mile radius of the Dallas/Ft Worth area (travel/hotel expenses can get high!). Of course, these parameters can change depending on the car.

I have spoken to some of you on here and you know how serious I am. I'm in no rush, but if you hear of a car for sale, please let me know.

Thanks!

auto_cran

I called that guy. Car is sold now. I don't know how you could buy such a car and not drive it! At least a little bit!

Pictures0034_001.jpg

:D :D

That one was a little out of my price range!

Plus, I want a driver! After sitting for 16 years with no use, I wonder just how well it drives.

BTW - there was another low mileage TTA in Arkansas I believe - under 500 miles. Owner said that they were working on getting a deal in the mid $30Ks.

Still looking.... :cool:

auto_cran

mine has just over 10k miles. I flew to Dayton OH and drove it home to Memphis.

no problems at all.

perfect car. 24k will buy it if someone is serious.

Originally posted by auto_cran
That one was a little out of my price range!

Plus, I want a driver! After sitting for 16 years with no use, I wonder just how well it drives.

BTW - there was another low mileage TTA in Arkansas I believe - under 500 miles. Owner said that they were working on getting a deal in the mid $30Ks.

Still looking.... :cool:

auto_cran
-------------------------------------------------------
That car is still listed on a brokerage house auto speciality site:
http://www.mtnhmweb.com/trmclassiccars.asp

It lists as a 64 mile car, it doesn't appear to be as clean as the one in Texas, and it lists, for, I believe, $ 34.5K

You could definitely tell that the other car was cleaner. Showed in the motor compartment. I have never seen a car nor a motor compartment so white.

What else to say

I always think about selling the TTA until I go drive it:D

Just picked up my 10,800orig mi. car thursday Night. Originally from Cherry Hill, NJ. It was bought in June of 2001 by a Classic car dealer near me in West Lawn PA, and sat in the Showroom until I bought it last week! Car is absolutly PERFECT! I'll have plenty of PIC's up later on in the week.
And Jim, I was down in Philly Today with it at my friends Sunoco Station at Frankford and Tyson do all the fluid changes, etc.. I should have PM'ed you so you could have stopped by!

Hey

TCLASSIC,,,,,,,you dont wanna trust Jim C
just kidding,,,,,,

hes a great guy:)

Ty

Originally posted by TClassic
Just picked up my 10,800orig mi. car thursday Night. Originally from Cherry Hill, NJ. It was bought in June of 2001 by a Classic car dealer near me in West Lawn PA, and sat in the Showroom until I bought it last week! Car is absolutly PERFECT! I'll have plenty of PIC's up later on in the week.
And Jim, I was down in Philly Today with it at my friends Sunoco Station at Frankford and Tyson do all the fluid changes, etc.. I should have PM'ed you so you could have stopped by!

WoooHooo another TTA in the area!! I went by that Sunoco station about 5 times today!!!! I usually look in the bays on the way past but didn't bother today! Good thing I might have crashed into a parked car if I did and saw a TTA in there! :) Details and pictures!!!

TY: NO shirt for you!!! :mad: :D :cool: ;) :p

Back