You can type here any text you want

Interest in TTA's is on the increase, post your interests and dreams here

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Not sure if the links to the pix below will work - if not, I can email them to someone.

Wanted a mid 80s T/A, GTA, TTA all through college. I'd have given my left nut for one. Finally can afford what I want -

Mine is #791 with 16,975 (as of this morning) miles on it. Originally from Axelrod Pontiac in Parma, OH - I've been in touch with the original owner who put the first 13k on the car in 3 years (he drove it summers). Since then, it was owned by two guys for 5 years each - neither of them registered it. Then, the next guy bought it for his "muscle car museum." - Where these pictures were taken. He kept it a couple of years until he decided to get out of the business.

Only mod is K&N and aftermarket air cleaner tube. I have every shred of paper on the car since the day the guy bought it (and actually a couple of days before - the PO where he tried to trade is 88 GTA and they weren't giving him enough!). I have the letter from PAS enclosing the "missing emblems," - receipts from tire rotations, oil changes - everything.

The car is perfect to most folks. The only imperfections (that I can see) is a "ding" the size of a pencil point in the top of the driver's fender where it hits the hood - looks like a road stone. Everyone misses it unless it's under flourescent lights. Second is a ding about 1/10 that size under the driver door lock. Looks like some klutz touched the door with the key because they didn't see the lock. This one it took me 6 months and 11 coats of zaino to find!!

Anyway - I'm keeping her stock. I've done all the fluids, blasted the underside, lubed her, replaced the intercooler duct (the ill-fated curb disease), and replaced the emblems. I recently found a mechanic at a local joint who used to do all the T-Types and GNs for the CT State Police (yep, they had them!) and he asked to put it on his scanner to give it a look over - a little rough on cold idle and he said he'd fix me up fine. Poor guy almost wet himself when I pulled in with it!

Wants?? Hmmmmm I could be convinced to get another some day. Would also like a 90 or 89 GTA in Red or White, a 85-90 T/A with ultra low miles or a Formula 350. Just need to expand the garage first!!

Attachments

• libertytta2.jpg
    libertytta2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 139
I love it! The TTA's are comming out of the wood work! :) One day I'll find my brother and sister car :( 395 and 397 I was at my garage cleaning and polishing up the engine bay some more this morning. I love them! Had 86 TA and 89 IROC over the years but nothing compairs to the TTA! It is the king of Pontiac that's for sure! :cool: :cool:

TTA396-001.jpg

Originally posted by 87gta-turbo
Im not a "real" TTA owner and Im not a wanna be than what am I?

I like the looks of your car! I can see in my mind's eye a Mustang or Vette, or BMW thinking they'll blow you away at the next stoplight ,and then their surprise at seeing your taillights. :cool:

Originally posted by lburou
I like the looks of your car! I can see in my mind's eye a Mustang or Vette, or BMW thinking they'll blow you away at the next stoplight ,and then their surprise at seeing your taillights. :cool:

Yeah, It happens at the track on street night too, when I have the hood up guys ask "where did you buy the turbo kit"? I say its a factory GM engine and I dont go into much explination, just leave em wonderin'.
Others know, and say "Cool..." but give me with a sly look while nodding their head.
Maybe I should get those cheap lookin "V6" emblems that came on Firebirds and Camaros and put them more off guard on the street.:eek:

Nah, I wish mine was pretty. Small rock chips on the hood, forgot about those... She needs sone TLC, the previous owners hardly drove it the last few years they had it. It ran pretty rough for the first week I drove it, but it's getting better now. Wierd. It WANTS to be driven...

87gta-turbo: Interesting. I work at NAVMAG down by Iriqouis Point. I've never seen a GTA that had a turbo whine, but I don't go by either Pearl Harbor or the track very often at all. Maybe I'll have to now, just to meet some of the other 'local kine' guys.

Originally posted by pvt num 11
Nah, I wish mine was pretty. Small rock chips on the hood, forgot about those... She needs sone TLC, the previous owners hardly drove it the last few years they had it. It ran pretty rough for the first week I drove it, but it's getting better now. Wierd. It WANTS to be driven...

That's how my TTA is.. It's weird.. the damn thing just wants to be driven. The more I drive it the better it runs! :cool: My GN use to be like that but now it seems to run good if it sits or I run it. I guess it's jealous over the TTA in the next bay in the garage now! :p

I bought mine 2.5 years ago and at that time it had 13 k on it. The owner had only driven it when he was on vacation in his summer house in Spain.

When I got it, the tranny needed a rebuild, the reason to that must have been that it had dryed due to to less drive time.

It has now 21 k miles on it and to this time, I love it. The bad thing is, that in Sweden its very hard to sell this car for whats it worth due to the bad knowledge about a TTA.

The car was totally stock when I got it, even had the stock tires on.

Daniel

Back