You can type here any text you want

Interested in ASE automotive training for a career as an automotive technician?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Matt McClung

Hotair guy who owns a I/C
Have you ever thought about going to Wyotech or UTI and found out that they are too far away and the price is outrageous? What if I told you that there is a program right here in Michigan and the price is one third the cost of either UTI or Wyotech? This is a new program at Kalamazoo Valley Community College and it is called the Automotive Academy. I have recently graduated from the academy and I would recommend it to anyone interested in starting a career as an automotive technician. The program focuses on the 8 areas in ASE; engine repair, engine performance, manual transmission, automatic transmission, electrical systems, heating and air conditioning, brakes, and steering and suspension. The program includes class instruction, textbooks on all 8 areas, uniforms and your choice of tools and rolling tool cabinet. The second academy has started for 2008, the Auto Academy is starting to build enrollment for September, 2009. Just to let you know, the Academy is a full time commitment for eleven months (Sept-Aug). The normal days at the academy are Tuesday-Friday 7:30-5:00. This Academy has brought me success in the automotive field, from diagnosing simple problems such as wheel bearing noise to more difficult problems, such as a computer networking problem. This Academy covers it all! For a much smaller price than either of the two big schools, plus you get to keep your textbooks, uniforms and tools to start your new career with.

Please post in the forum if you are interested, I will try to answer any questions you have. The academy is working on a new web page which I will let you know when it is finished. I will also let you know the cost of the academy when I am updated.

Have you ever thought about going to Wyotech or UTI and found out that they are too far away and the price is outrageous? What if I told you that there is a program right here in Michigan and the price is one third the cost of either UTI or Wyotech? This is a new program at Kalamazoo Valley Community College and it is called the Automotive Academy. I have recently graduated from the academy and I would recommend it to anyone interested in starting a career as an automotive technician. The program focuses on the 8 areas in ASE; engine repair, engine performance, manual transmission, automatic transmission, electrical systems, heating and air conditioning, brakes, and steering and suspension. The program includes class instruction, textbooks on all 8 areas, uniforms and your choice of tools and rolling tool cabinet. The second academy has started for 2008, the Auto Academy is starting to build enrollment for September, 2009. Just to let you know, the Academy is a full time commitment for eleven months (Sept-Aug). The normal days at the academy are Tuesday-Friday 7:30-5:00. This Academy has brought me success in the automotive field, from diagnosing simple problems such as wheel bearing noise to more difficult problems, such as a computer networking problem. This Academy covers it all! For a much smaller price than either of the two big schools, plus you get to keep your textbooks, uniforms and tools to start your new career with.

Please post in the forum if you are interested, I will try to answer any questions you have. The academy is working on a new web page which I will let you know when it is finished. I will also let you know the cost of the academy when I am updated.
Do they offer a degree or just a certificate? I recieved my associate's in automotive from Central Texas University in '96.

At the completion of the academy, you get a certificate that list all areas (up to 8) that you have passed. You also get up to 33 credit hours toward your degree, if you already have credit hours, then you can apply them with
the academy credits toward your degree. Depending on how well you do in the academy is determined on how many credits you get. A person who passes 6 areas will not get as many credits as a person who passes all 8 areas. A person who passes all 8 areas gets 33 credits. Completion of the academy also counts as one year of automotive technician experience to get you started in the field.

Back