You can type here any text you want

Interested in buying a TTA, Need Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cisco

What are some things to look for when buying a TTA? I have checked gnttype.org, but I wanted too see if there is anything I should look for specifically in a TTA. How much do these cars typically sell for? I am not looking for a low mileage show car, but I don't want a bad looking car either. Also does anyone have any suggestions on where to look for TTA's for sale? Thanks in advane.

Check the FAQ link at the top of the forum, they will answer a lot of questions. Depending on how well a TTA is maintained, how much it has been modified, mileage, and overall condition will help determine its price. After you read through the FAQs check out turbotransam.com for even more info. I have a 200K mile TTA which was well maintained by its original owner.

Expect to pay around $15000 for a good looking, good running car with 50k to 75k miles. Cloth interiors are rarer than leather, so they may go for a little more. Cloth wears better, also. Almost all rear spoilers have cracks in them; poor design. A fiberglass replacement is about $650, painted. Documentation is nice to have and so is the owner's kit( the last kit on e-bay sold for $1000). Check e-bay, autotrader, and carsonline. No matter what you buy, expect to put more money into it. Good luck.

I would keep an eye on Ebay cause thats where most seem to sell. But buyer beware for sight unseen purchases. I bought mine sight unseen and I've spent a good bit on parts. This cars do require some attention to keep running at their peak. But the look on peoples faces when a white GTA kicks their butt......is priceless!;)

Thanks for all of the replies. I will have to keep looking around to find one. Thanks again.

Another thing to consider is the necessary octane and tuning to keep these things from getting engine knock.

The stock chip runs a lot of timing and is almost impossible to keep from knocking on 91 octane. 93 maybe a different story. There are chips you can get from vendors here like TurboTweak to run on a specific octane.

Check the classifieds here and wait for someone with a good reputation on these boards to sell one. There are a lot of good people here.

I'm thinking about selling TTA#917; it has 46k miles, in excellent condition in and out. I've replaced the leather with Hawk's 3rd gen. leather look alike seat covers and they look great. The car is all stock, with very minor changes, like a stainless maf pipe to replace the plastic one, a billet vacuum manifold to replace the plastic one, and presently has 50 lb. injectors with a TT chip. I was told when I bought the car that the stock injectors were causing a miss and I replaced them.I found out after changing the injectors that the miss was actually coming from a bad coil.
If I do sell the car, I'm looking for 17k. It is a T-Top car and I have some spare parts as well; extra wheels, T-Tops,etc.

Jim:biggrin:

I know of a rust free 89 TTA in western Chicago suburbs, has a new Speed Inc engine, new Jimmy's trans, and a ford 9" out back. PM me if you're interested and I will introduce you. Private owner is motivated to sell. He's asking around 11k or so and is negotiable.

Back