Interesting article I found on Precision vs Garrett's internal parts and design

Found that site a while back. There are a few interesting tech type of articles to read.

Yea this had been known for years, that's why I been partial to T-netics for so long, but ive ran a pte6266 with no problems and great results.

I didn't technically know this. However, knew something was odd when the market suddenly had precision made turbos.

Doesn't really matter to me I'm glad there are vendors making Buick parts...so thank you Buick vendors.

All of this subliminal slander is a waste of time. Please rent a dyno, get a car, and have a neutral party do back to back comparisons of the Precision unit vs the "others." If you out perform them you may start moving units. If you can't, lower your price and hope to move units that way.
Real Buick guys knew the information contained in that article as it happened.
Its never been a G-13 classified secret.

Again, if you have a better part, prove it! Talk is cheap. I've used turbos from Precision, Turbonetics, Limit Engineering, Bison, and local rebuilders.

This article didn't come from me. I did not write it.

I am not trying to make any "subliminal slander". I even including PTE turbos in my recent turbo article I wrote.

I genuinely found the article interesting, and I take no responsibility for the claims.

You may have known these things, but other people may have not. Personally, I found it interesting just to be able to look inside the PTE unit and see the guts, since I do not currently own one or have the opportunity to pull one apart.

The performance of PTE's units has drastically improved over the years. My guess is that this article was written many years ago, when that may not have been the case.

As for any "claims" about turbos. Feel free to look at any of the racers running WORK units that have won their races over the last year.

Or the fact that the current Radial vs The World record holder runs Garrett GTX units. Between WORK's customer victories and Mark Micke's own comments about his turbo's durability, I believe that speaks a lot towards the reliability and power potential of those units, or units based off them.

Precision is owned by Wabtec which owns Turbonectics as well. That might explain some of "shared" technology and parts...

To bring up an article like that from years ago serves only to bad mouth Precision, yes they had a time of quality control however that is long past. They make great turbo's now and i have been using them from the early 90's. Their turbos end up in the winners circle, just check the different classes of drag racing and look at what turbo's they are using.

Precision is owned by Wabtec which owns Turbonectics as well. That might explain some of "shared" technology and parts...

I knew they were owned by Turbonetics, but I thought that was a recent acquisition?

To bring up an article like that from years ago serves only to bad mouth Precision, yes they had a time of quality control however that is long past. They make great turbo's now and i have been using them from the early 90's. Their turbos end up in the winners circle, just check the different classes of drag racing and look at what turbo's they are using.

You guys, I found it all interesting to see what the inside of a PTE turbo looks like.

I even stated that I don't know how old this article is, and things may have changed since then.

If we can't share information or at least bring up interesting points, then what is the purpose of this forum?

I didn't post this article and then say "HEY GUYS BUY YOUR TURBOS FROM ME BECAUSE MINE ARE BETTER!"

No. I did not. Why? Because I didn't want it to come off like that. I merely found this article interesting, and after sharing it with some friends and they found it interesting as well, I thought I would post it.

I would wager that most of the people who read this article, don't even know about WORK Turbo or RPS.

That being said, please stop accusing me of trying to passive-aggressively sell turbos. If that was my goal, I could have easily found another method to do so.

-Tyler

Tyler as a group the buick community are mature, we understand very well what the article ment. I DON'T BELIEVE YOU have ever posted anything positive regarding Precision, i think we get the picture..

Tyler as a group the buick community are mature, we understand very well what the article ment. I DON'T BELIEVE YOU have ever posted anything positive regarding Precision, i think we get the picture..

Thank you! Lol!

Brand new pte 6766 didn’t make it past 7 dyno hits an very easy low street miles on my new engine during break in. Before that used a 6266 for a while without issues. Seems like the whole precision thing is a hit or miss. Hope the local vendor can warranty it. If not def checking other avenues. It made good power though jaja

Brand new pte 6766 didn’t make it past 7 dyno hits an very easy low street miles on my new engine during break in. Before that used a 6266 for a while without issues. Seems like the whole precision thing is a hit or miss. Hope the local vendor can warranty it. If not def checking other avenues. It made good power though jaja
Was your turbo journal or ball bearing?

Journal, same as the 6266. Only real difference in the app was I really was pushing the car looking for power. Rev to 6400 which I have never been up there before. I’m curious what precision says is the cause of failure. Local guys were not surprised which got me thinking and digging in the web