You can type here any text you want

Interesting thread...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Chuck-

It seems as the whole thread is just personal opinion.. Being in engine R&D for a living I would really like to see real world testing between the ECMs that has a set criterion that accurately portrays the benefits and losses of each system. Since you could have 10 people with a lot of experience in each system, rate them and get 10 different conclusions. I "Personally" feel that the new factory systems are king as far as fine tuning and drivability goes, but then again most can't handle inputs/outputs and don’t support universal application... I feel that every system has its own benefits like; Universal fitment, drivability, features, user interface, price, "control-ability", product support, ease of install, table/map clarity, etc.. Just my .02 but then again it’s JUST someone’s opinion..

,Dan

Oh no!!

Another gearhed from PEEORIA!!
I was born and raised around Peoria... Went to h/s in Chillicothe.
Was one of the more "notorious" street racers back in the Steak N Shake, Peoria Dragstrip, days...:eek::D

Where is your shop? Didn't know of any real performance shops left in the area. [Except my friend Dave Hughes, in Washington.]
I agree on the opinions.. However, I've found more good info on that site than most any of the others. The advanced engine section guys really like to "think outside the box", and come with some pretty wild science....:cool:

Well I am very close to Chili with work, I am a Engine Research Engineer at the Technical Center there in Mossville, but I live in Washington. I have heard of the Peoria Drag Strip Days from some older co-workers. :cool:

My brother has a real nice shop out in Mackinaw that tends to roll out some pretty nasty rides every so often from a street sleeper to a hot boat! ;) We are in the mists of building a Nitrous LSx 6.0 88' monte SS at the moment, that will retain the stock ecm, and a 1970 C10 Blazer that will aslo have yet another 6.0 LSx Turbo that may have a stock or MS3 ECM we haven't decided yet. We have also rolled out a couple different rides, like a Turbo 6.0 LSx 69' chevy C10, N/A 6.0 LSx Avenger Jet boat, and my Grand National. :D

Back