You can type here any text you want

Interesting video.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That will cost a pretty penny. But the power capabilities of having a v6 with that technology would be crazy high.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

That will cost a pretty penny. But the power capabilities of having a v6 with that technology would be crazy high.

To get it started I think it would be, but just like anything else price will eventually drop. The decrease in fuel consumption alone (he said 30%) I would think would pay for the system over the life of the vehicle.

Now who's going to be the first to put this on their car? :D

F1 has been using that technology for awhile. Good to see it trickle down to production status. Smokey Yunick predicted the next step is a valve like a camera shutter that has no valve stem. I bet he's right......

Like INEEDAGN said, this technology has been around for a little while, but not only in F1. We here at Turbobuick dot com are fortunate enough to have a top scale engineer (GNX405) on the board, that actually worked on design and perfection of such a system over 10 years ago while at FoMoCo. Unfortunately, huge budget cuts back then killed off the whole program. :(
But fortunately for Borg Warner Turbo Systems which is where he is now, his engineering skills are still hard at work, but on turbos!! :D

Back