Interesting video.

That will cost a pretty penny. But the power capabilities of having a v6 with that technology would be crazy high.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

That will cost a pretty penny. But the power capabilities of having a v6 with that technology would be crazy high.

To get it started I think it would be, but just like anything else price will eventually drop. The decrease in fuel consumption alone (he said 30%) I would think would pay for the system over the life of the vehicle.

Now who's going to be the first to put this on their car? :D

F1 has been using that technology for awhile. Good to see it trickle down to production status. Smokey Yunick predicted the next step is a valve like a camera shutter that has no valve stem. I bet he's right......

Like INEEDAGN said, this technology has been around for a little while, but not only in F1. We here at Turbobuick dot com are fortunate enough to have a top scale engineer (GNX405) on the board, that actually worked on design and perfection of such a system over 10 years ago while at FoMoCo. Unfortunately, huge budget cuts back then killed off the whole program. :(
But fortunately for Borg Warner Turbo Systems which is where he is now, his engineering skills are still hard at work, but on turbos!! :D