intermittent cutting out

To me this appears to be possibly 2 things to me. The log shows your AFR is all over the place and going really lean sometimes, this could be because of the IAC not functioning properly. It could also be engine speed input related, Looking at your logs the RPM line is spiking like crazy which also subsequently changes your timing by a about 20* I would try to get that figured out! I wish you could mark when it was happening in the log for us since I would like to see what is happening at the exact (near) time of the event.

,Dan

FTC, I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had the exact same symptoms/problems that you're having. Over the weekend I took a close look at my ign module's wiring harness and found that one of the slots was slightly smashed. The matching pin on the module side was just a taste out of line as well. I used a safety pin to open the slot then straightened the pin with a small screwdriver. So far this appears to have been the cause of my problem, I've been driving the car for two days now and it's running fine as white wine. Maybe this scenario could help.

Thanks boots, will check that out. So replaced the tb and car does run a little better(af wont spike lean at tip in) but it will still stall when it gets hot. And flash the check engine light. After the stalling starts it has a real hard time starting back up and when it does it will just die out unless I have my foot on the gas and still then it will not run clean. I also noted that while cranking after a stall out there was a definite interruption in power so I ended up ordering a caspers pos batt cable to relocate fusible links and change out the orange wire. And have a new iac on the way as well. I'm at my wits end with this thing already.

I would put that ground wire back where it belongs and remove it from the intake. Ask me how I know. I had a bad tps sensor that had a dead spot in it causing car to backfire.

Ok so got the problem solved!!!! Finally!!! Only thing is I don't know exactly what it was cause I ended up changing the pos battery cable(caspers fusible line relocator) and the crank sensor again(changed it before within the past 6 months). The pos cable looked good when i took it out and the fusible links didn't appear damaged visually but you never know. As far as the crank sensor there was no interference with the balancer wheel but the was a lot of oil in the connector from an oil leak I'm trying to track down. Not too sure if the oil in the connector would cause a problem but well see cause it's bound to happen again if I don't get the oil leak fixed soon. Been driving all week and the car hasn't acted up yet so I think it's all good for now. Gonna try and get to dropping the oil pan to change the gasket Sunday if time permits. Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions.

I JUST HAD THIS HAPPEN TODAY and was very lucky to have one shot the problem with nick at Arizona GN on the phone and his guidance. I was on the highway from tucson to phoenix and I noticed scanmaster readings on any setting going all over the place and then the immediate cut off/on that was happening here and there (about once every 10-30sec). It eventually got so bad i had to pull over so I could avoid a possible full shut down on the highway. My first thought was that the fuel pump was going bad and was showing symptoms because it was warming up and it wasn't the case. Turns out, it was a nut that backed off the grounding post holding a cluster of grounding wires to the passenger side of the intake manifold closest to the firewall. It is almost under your heater control valve but fairly easy to access with a wrench.it is almost your passenger side intake manifold mounting bold closest to the firewall. the nut backed off so the wires could chatter around and let almost every electrical system in the car not ground. Tightened the nut holding all the wires down and zero problems since even with an additional 80 miles driven. If you still cant find the ground that i'm talking about then post on here and ill send a pick. This problem is just a stupid one like they usually are so don't sweat it.