You can type here any text you want

Intrepid cooling fan wiring

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pwt

What wiring kit can I use with these fans besides the Casper kit.

That's the only "kit", you can wire it by yourself. Just tie both grounds and powers together. Use a relay from battery/alternator and use factory harness as the trigger. Cheap easy and works.

That's the only "kit", you can wire it by yourself. Just tie both grounds and powers together. Use a relay from battery/alternator and use factory harness as the trigger. Cheap easy and works.
I'm not sure where the factory connector is.Do you have a pic of it?

racetronix has a hotwired dual relay kit for it that after you installa gm style connector onto the fan its a plug and play and retains the high and low speed as the factory intended

theres also a plug and play on ebay from turbo89 but you really should run a pair of relays powered off the battery and controlled by the original wiring

the fan unit has a ground for each fan . tie them together and connect to ground (on chassis or pin C of factory fan harness connector)
the other wires on the interepid fans are green and yellow , power either one and you will get low speed , apply power to both and you will get high speed
so run green to pin A of the OE engine harness plug (low speed) and yellow to pin B of the OE engine harness plug (high speed)
the

Last edited:
theres also a plug and play on ebay from turbo89 but you really should run a pair of relays powered off the battery and controlled by the original wiring
Would you have a wiring diagram for this?

the fan unit has a ground for each fan . tie them together and connect to ground (on chassis or pin C of factory fan harness connector)
the other wires on the interepid fans are green and yellow , power either one and you will get low speed , apply power to both and you will get high speed
so run green to pin A of the OE engine harness plug (low speed) and yellow to pin B of the OE engine harness plug (high speed)
the
Thanks for pointing out those other options I was not aware of.:)

Thanks for the info but I'm not using any of my original factory connections.
i hate threads like this where the op doesnt give all the info needed for an answer

but

why not ?

are you after a stand alone setup , because if you are it really doesnt matter what car you are putting the fans in just go to summit and look for one or easier just look at the factory diagram i linked to at vortex site and build what you need so the ecm can control it , you could even convert the racetronix to work standalone ..well i could.. i dont know what your skill level is

The ebay adapter will most likely smoke your factory coolant fan relay and wiring. You can't run two fans with the factory relay. Period.

The Caspers harness is designed to plug and play for the Intrepid connector and it includes two relays. It was the original design for the conversion of the Intrepid (otherwise known as the "Ramchargers") dual fan. The Racetronix version is a clone - except - you need to splice in a connector so it's not plug and play. Apparently Racetronix couldn't source the factory Intrepid connector.

If you no longer have the factory connectors on your harness, then you're on your own for wiring.

The ebay adapter will most likely smoke your factory coolant fan relay and wiring. You can't run two fans with the factory relay. Period.

The Caspers harness is designed to plug and play for the Intrepid connector and it includes two relays. It was the original design for the conversion of the Intrepid (otherwise known as the "Ramchargers") dual fan. The Racetronix version is a clone - except - you need to splice in a connector so it's not plug and play. Apparently Racetronix couldn't source the factory Intrepid connector.

If you no longer have the factory connectors on your harness, then you're on your own for wiring.

Hello John,
I have your harness, but am not running the intrepid fans. Do you know if the fan side connector is available?
Thanks

I decided to use a bigger relay to fix my problem.Here is a pic of the damage, image.jpg

My dumb wiring. Not intrepid fans but still dual fans.
I wired one fan using the OE system as a trigger added a hot wired relay---- second fan I used an 180* switch and relay. Totally independent of the OE system.
Short version
fan ONE is computer controlled On- Off but only a high setting.
Fan TWO is temperature switch controlled.
And yes I have a manual override for fan TWO just in case.

Back