Is it bad to change a GN color scheme?

My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section. I assumed that general tech was the catch all for everything like other sites I use. In the future, where should I post questions like this?
Turbolounge

The correct section is the Lounge but I don't really see what all the hub-bub is about.

It's your car, do what you want with it. You aren't building it for anyone but you, so go for it.

Personally, I'm not a rattle top car guy, nor would I want a hot air car, so I see the whole v8 thing, but I do like the white on blue cars. :cool:

Attachments

• 191.JPG
    191.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 63
  • 192.JPG
    192.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 69
I get the impression that I am not wanted on this site. I will go away now and leave you guys be. thanks to anyone who had positive input, that was appreciated.

I get the impression that I am not wanted on this site. I will go away now and leave you guys be. thanks to anyone who had positive input, that was appreciated.

No my Buick friend, you're are definitely welcome. This is just the honest truth the way these guy's express there OPINION.. You would definitely know when you're not welcome . It's gets pretty nasty.

you are soooo welcome here, great posts , sometimes you gotta have some thick skin when everyone gets going
but in the end we are all brothers!!! when they give you shit give it right back

we just have so crotchety old men on here;) just remember your car your choice.

The LSx area has tons of great info of you. No need check out. You just have to understand, the whole turbo'd V6 thing is what makes a TB unique to the rest of the world and traditionalists not like that messed with. There is also a whole lot of people that try to pass off a car as a real GN and nothing pisses off most people here more than that. It's considered ripping off, which it is. We have a whole mess of info on what makes a GN a GN and it's almost a game for some to pick apart a for sale ad that someone comes across.

The LSx area has tons of great info of you. No need check out. You just have to understand, the whole turbo'd V6 thing is what makes a TB unique to the rest of the world and traditionalists not like that messed with. There is also a whole lot of people that try to pass off a car as a real GN and nothing pisses off most people here more than that. It's considered ripping off, which it is. We have a whole mess of info on what makes a GN a GN and it's almost a game for some to pick apart a for sale ad that someone comes across.
agreed we like to show off our knowledge of these cars ,I saw a supposedly 1800 mile gn for sale for 63k yesterday and it had t type lug nuts on it , un real look back through posts from 2002 and you'll see who to listen to people like pronto and many others have been very helpful to me with their knowledge but in the end you like what you like , so game on and show us what you got

No reason to leave, the more the merrier.

It's just guys here are pretty straight forward with what they like and don't like regarding these cars. Better than feeding you bullshit, no? Again, It's your car, build it to suit you, no one else. Their opinions don't matter, only what makes you happy. There is a ton of knowledge here to be had.

If you weren't welcome here, you would know it, believe me.

Tell, you what I’ll put myself in your shoes (if you’ll put yourself in one of ours), alright?

You are excited by the idea of a throaty LS Tire Roasting Turbo Conversion, right? Which is fine, as I had a built LSX in my last Jeep TJ. And it was absolute blast to drive. So, I can understand your LS passion for sure.

By the same token, I was like 21 when the ‘86 / ‘87 Intercooled cars came out. And they truly were the king of the mountain, bar none! I mean, back then you had to darn near have an all out race car to be able beat one. So, these cars have been a passion of mine ever since.

The thing is that it was this little unsuspecting Buick V6 with a Turbo that was bringing down the big boy V8’s of the day. And during this timeline the Fox Body Mustangs owned GM as the Z28’s, Trans Ams and Corvettes of the eighties couldn’t hold a candle to it. That is, until the Turbo Buick showed up anyways. And our cars rained supreme for decades.

Even the Corvettes, TA’s and Z28’s couldn’t match the Mustang until the Fox ended circa 1993 (when GM came with a new LT1 version). Even then our cars were still stomping most everything. So, these little V6 Turbo cars reigned king for a very long time.

And even today a properly modified / updated version is an easy 11 second car that is extremely reliable and they can be driven to the track with ac on at that. 11 seconds on the street is pretty damn quick still! And there are stock block cars that go much faster than that. So, the thing is that even today the little unsuspecting V6 cars are still very potent and totally misunderstood bread! All of which is part of the allure!

My point is that we’re just trying to share our passion with you. Because, if you’d give it a chance I think you’d be amazed at what these little cars will do. So, you’ve come into a nest of rabid Turbo Buick fans. Funny thing is that there are a lot of our little V6 cars that still break the hearts of folks with LS conversion cars. And most of the guys on here know that and are capable of doing that very thing. So, have you ever considered how cool it might be to build up your little V6 Turbo and go out and stomp your LS friends arse? Because our cars are capable of doing just that. And if you are able to do some of the work yourself then it can be done without breaking the bank. As technology has only improved the capabilities of these cars. And that’s what we are all about!

Get on you tube and watch the modified V6 GN’s taking out Hell Cats and the like! Hell, watch some mean chicken videos of him taking out sport bikes and the like! As that’s what a properly set up V6 Turbo Buick is capable of. And that’s what makes them so special.

Think about this way, the guy in the brand new Vette getting his arse kicked by thirty years old Turbo V6 technology is kind of a big deal. As it is not expected, right? And yet, if you had a twin turbo LS then that same Vette owner would have an excuse right? Or so it would seem anyways!

And I can show you that happening cause a friend of mine did just that! In that, my buddy’s dad had a brand new 86 Vette when he bought his 86 Grand National. Matter if fact, that why he bought it cause he smoked dad on the test drive. So, fast forward 30 some odd years and my buddy (whose car is mostly stock except for updated fuel system, alky and a tune) and his bought a brand new corvette and they tried it again at the track and the result was the exact same! As he took the brand new Vette again some 30 odd years later. So here’s this unopened motor that is not even optimize or fine tuned as much as it could be running 12.0’s and beating his dads brand new Vette. Now how cool is that?

The coolest part of all of this is there aren’t that many of our cars out there. So, you’ll be part of an elite club if you will. And fun just does not describe the emotion that these cars provoke in folks!

Find someone near you who has a well sorted car and go take a ride. And see for yourself just how much fun these things can be! What do you have to lose? As you have the car already! So why not make it happen??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much fun would be it to show your friends videos like this??

These first two are the mean chicken videos! The mean chicken is one of the best Fishing / Kill Stories persona’s! Which is another section to peruse before making a decision.

These two are my buddy and his 86 GN that had just been rotisserie restored (not that it needed it but his car only has very minor bolt ons)! So, this could easily be you!

Forgot about these!!

GSXR 750 vs Buick GN (starting line view)

If you thought it was close? Look at the Finish Line View!!

This another stock car and while he may not beat this Hello Kitty, however, he was right there with him in his (unopened motor thirty years old car)! And knowing he’s got nearly half the cubes and he’s down two cylinders then I’d say that’s really doing something! And that my friend is what makes these cars so special!

Fatt Catt

So, even though the Cat won that one, it couldn’t have been much of a celebrated victory! Especially considering how many of the cars on here would have taken him to the cleaners!

Tell, you what I’ll put myself in your shoes (if you’ll put yourself in one of ours), alright?

You are excited by the idea of a throaty LS Tire Roasting Turbo Conversion, right? Which is fine, as I had a built LSX in my last Jeep TJ. And it was absolute blast to drive. So, I can understand your LS passion for sure.

By the same token, I was like 21 when the ‘86 / ‘87 Intercooled cars came out. And they truly were the king of the mountain, bar none! I mean, back then you had to darn near have an all out race car to be able beat one. So, these cars have been a passion of mine ever since.

The thing is that it was this little unsuspecting Buick V6 with a Turbo that was bringing down the big boy V8’s of the day. And during this timeline the Fox Body Mustangs owned GM as the Z28’s, Trans Ams and Corvettes of the eighties couldn’t hold a candle to it. That is, until the Turbo Buick showed up anyways. And our cars rained supreme for decades.

Even the Corvettes, TA’s and Z28’s couldn’t match the Mustang until the Fox ended circa 1993 (when GM came with a new LT1 version). Even then our cars were still stomping most everything. So, these little V6 Turbo cars reigned king for a very long time.

And even today a properly modified / updated version is an easy 11 second car that is extremely reliable and they can be driven to the track with ac on at that. 11 seconds on the street is pretty damn quick still! And there are stock block cars that go much faster than that. So, the thing is that even today the little unsuspecting V6 cars are still very potent and totally misunderstood bread! All of which is part of the allure!

My point is that we’re just trying to share our passion with you. Because, if you’d give it a chance I think you’d be amazed at what these little cars will do. So, you’ve come into a nest of rabid Turbo Buick fans. Funny thing is that there are a lot of our little V6 cars that still break the hearts of folks with LS conversion cars. And most of the guys on here know that and are capable of doing that very thing. So, have you ever considered how cool it might be to build up your little V6 Turbo and go out and stomp your LS friends arse? Because our cars are capable of doing just that. And if you are able to do some of the work yourself then it can be done without breaking the bank. As technology has only improved the capabilities of these cars. And that’s what we are all about!

Get on you tube and watch the modified V6 GN’s taking out Hell Cats and the like! Hell, watch some mean chicken videos of him taking out sport bikes and the like! As that’s what a properly set up V6 Turbo Buick is capable of. And that’s what makes them so special.

Think about this way, the guy in the brand new Vette getting his arse kicked by thirty years old Turbo V6 technology is kind of a big deal. As it is not expected, right? And yet, if you had a twin turbo LS then that same Vette owner would have an excuse right? Or so it would seem anyways!

And I can show you that happening cause a friend of mine did just that! In that, my buddy’s dad had a brand new 86 Vette when he bought his 86 Grand National. Matter if fact, that why he bought it cause he smoked dad on the test drive. So, fast forward 30 some odd years and my buddy (whose car is mostly stock except for updated fuel system, alky and a tune) and his bought a brand new corvette and they tried it again at the track and the result was the exact same! As he took the brand new Vette again some 30 odd years later. So here’s this unopened motor that is not even optimize or fine tuned as much as it could be running 12.0’s and beating his dads brand new Vette. Now how cool is that?

The coolest part of all of this is there aren’t that many of our cars out there. So, you’ll be part of an elite club if you will. And fun just does not describe the emotion that these cars provoke in folks!

Find someone near you who has a well sorted car and go take a ride. And see for yourself just how much fun these things can be! What do you have to lose? As you have the car already! So why not make it happen??

That was very well said. It was a good summary of what us old Buick guys feel and why we stay hooked to our v6.

He did have a vision, though. And it was't horrible.

An LS turbo, former hot air car...... I can dig it.

If it's OK to swap an inter-cooled V6 engine into one, why not be able to put a V8 in one?

It's STILL a CLONE of one sort or the other in the end result, so what's the diff, really? Well, other than an 84/85 inter-cooled V6 swap ISN'T really an 86/87 true inter-cooled V6 car, now, is it?

So why all the negativity? Think about it.

Sorry Brent, no disrespect, your car is still one of the coolest I've ever seen. I know that, you know that.

And Grumpster..... Talk about being out of the Buick box and ricers.............. C'mon! ;)

Last edited:
Y'a'll know I'm right.

Your car, your decision. My car, my decision.

Be it much to the chagrin of others, no one is the "decision maker", except you.

Do whatever "shit's your giggles".

The way I look at it, if your dream car, and you have to build it, then dream BIG. Some people buy these cars to enjoy and some buy them as a GIANT die cast. Not everyone wants that Diecast that never gets driven. This was my dream car, and I plan on enjoying it all the way down the quarter mile 10 seconds or less, and stomp some ass in a few street races also