You can type here any text you want

is it true that pm pedal and hydra boost pedal are the same?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
just wanting to confirm that the pedal for the 84 hydraboost is the exact same as the 85-87 powermaster. i heard only the vac boost cars from the na g bodys had the differant pedal.

tia

just wanting to confirm that the pedal for the 84 hydraboost is the exact same as the 85-87 powermaster. i heard only the vac boost cars from the na g bodys had the differant pedal.

tia

I would say Yes. I did the conversion from a Powermaster to a Hydroboost. I was advised to use my stock Pedal.

thanks for the reply wldwst. did you install a hydra boost from a 84/early 85 turbobuick? or some type of aftermarket one?

thanks for the reply wldwst. did you install a hydra boost from a 84/early 85 turbobuick? or some type of aftermarket one?

I installed a custom kit. It was expensive by anyones standards, but I am happy with the way it performs. There are plenty of less expensive Hydroboost transplants that a few members have used. I just got tired of the Powermaster headaches. I wish now that I had given the Vacuum system a try first. No regrets though.

Attachments

• DSC00974 (Large).jpg
    DSC00974 (Large).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 178
looks nice. i'm planning on putting a 84 turbobuick hydra boost unit in a 87, so i guess i'm still curious if the pedals the same. anybody else know?

Hydroboost and Powermaster used the same pedal.

Vacuum brakes use a different pedal.

is the hydroboost/PM pedal the same as the manual brake pedal? it seems like it would be.

is the hydroboost/PM pedal the same as the manual brake pedal? it seems like it would be.

No the factory manual brake pedal is not the same. The PM/HB uses the same pedal and the manual brake used the vacuum brake pedal. If you look at the vacuum pedal you will see a hole right above the pin for the booster rod. This is the hole that GM used to weld the pin for the factory manual brake. You could probably make your own pin using a bolt and drilling the hole for the retainer pin and welding it in place. I don't have any idea what people are using for the home made set up. I've seen some scary looking set ups out there. I'd think twice before I would bolt on a MC to the PM mounting bracket.

yes, but the 86/87 pump will support the hyrdoboost just fine

Back