You can type here any text you want

Is it typical?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wknight13

I'm experiencing some oil through the system when I set on it. After a step on and stop, the car puffs out smoke. It's an open exhaust system. I just cleaned the throttle body and noticed 'black gunk' in the intercooler neck up to the TB. Is this typical? I'm just getting back into the GN groove. This was doing this before and after I put in a new TT street chip.

I'm experiencing some oil through the system when I set on it. After a step on and stop, the car puffs out smoke. It's an open exhaust system. I just cleaned the throttle body and noticed 'black gunk' in the intercooler neck up to the TB. Is this typical? I'm just getting back into the GN groove. This was doing this before and after I put in a new TT street chip.

I don't believe the chip has anything to do with it.
It is not typical for the car to smoke.
Only a couple things it could be. Bad turbo/seals, valve seals, ring blow-by.
Have you read your plugs?

No...I don't believe it's the chip either, just throwing that out there for info. The smoke is black, not heavy and dark, but black in tone. Could be running rich? haven't checked fuel pressure yet (like the chip advised). Now on these turbo seals (I've been thinking that in the back of my mind), we talking about a rebuild then? I suppose one thing at a time. Plugs are a bit 'wet'.

Start by cleaning the intercooler and then check for buildup of oil over time in the up pipe to verify turbo seal problems.

your plugs are wet? any smell of gas mixed with oil? Could be Soaked oil breather/bad PCV ....Crankcase PSi goes up, oil shoots through seals. Turbo seals or whenever the Psi can get out. Do you have a stock breather or Open breather (K&N type)

if you do in fact need or what a rebuild, they don't cost much. It's upgrades that add up(bigger turbines, bearings etc) Blasstperformance.com rebuild are 150+shipping

I didn't get to the intercooler this weekend but did have to clean out the uptake neck into the throttle body, wasn't wet oil but definitely some blow through or carbon buildup. Now with the oil breather. The car is outfitted with the open breather K/N style on top and on end. The plugs do have a bit of fuel smell, not strong but there a bit. I forgot to check the PCV.....will do. thanks for all this advice.

Back