Is Our Economy Hurting The Value Of Tr's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUICK BOY

Will It Get Better Or Worse?with These Gas Prices Going Higher And Higher Its Killing Peoples Investments,5 Years From Now Will A Tr Even Run Off This Watered Down Gas

Probably worse. The economy is hurting prices across the board for ANY Special Interest, Muscle, or Sports "muscle"car. NOT just TR's. BUT you have to remember. We can have our cake, AND eat it too!! We get decent gas mileage as compared to just about any other V8/V10 powered car , AND performance. And with alky, we can STILL have high performance with crappy gas. Now..........Wouldn't you really like to have a BUICK!!:D

Ken B.

Oh almost forgot........I can give to chits about 'investment' issues as mine are keepers and i'm in it for the long haul!!.....................KB

Good Point

Yes I Would Love To Have One Gonna Get One To Just Waiting On The Right One At The Right Price,since It Is A Buyers Market

it's a buyers' market but there aren't that many TR's vs say honda accords or whatever so you may find a deal but doesn't mean you'll get a steal.

i sold my saleen and my titan way below "normal" pricing or other sellers to turn it around fast.

i found a TR for a decent price. i had to jump on it before it was shown to others.

Dont Know

If You Find Someone That Really Needs To Sell There Tr And Needing The Cash You Will Get A Steel,gotta Take Your Time I Think People That What To Sell Are Gonna Come Down On There Price Even More,they Have To If They Need To Sell

If You Find Someone That Really Needs To Sell There Tr And Needing The Cash You Will Get A Steel,gotta Take Your Time I Think People That What To Sell Are Gonna Come Down On There Price Even More,they Have To If They Need To Sell

With your attitude I sincerely hope you get exactly the car you deserve.

If I ever sold my car, It would be because I wanted to, not needed to. I would have absolutely no problem telling some low-balling vulture to take a hike, and refuse to sell them the car at full price. IMO people who prey on someones financial misfortune, instead of paying a fair price, are real low-lifes. I'm sure the vultures will disagree.

Didnt Mean It Like That

Hey Guys Sorry If I Upset Anyone But Muscle Cars Are'nt Selling Right Now.i Dont Wanna Take Advantage Of Anyone.i Want A Good, But Fair Deal If Our Economy Was'nt So Messed Up It Would Be Easy To Purchase A Tr.i Gotta Be Smart About Buying One

Problem is that there aren't that many people out there needing cash that will compromise their ownership of their turbobrick, nor will there be in the future. There will always be many more buyers than there are sellers. If you study the collectible market in anything cars, boats, planes, guns, marbles, really doesn't matter, you will see that the people that you expect to be selling their prize and joy next week will only be cleaning out their garage of their lowest quality and will generally always have enough $$ to stand off the hard times. I have seen this happen repeatedly in cars, motorcycles, & firearms. A # 1 hobby toy, regardless of type will always be tops in valus and will depreciate very little compared to the lesser toys offered for sale. Good luck & HTH.

You would'nt happen to be from florida would you? Because you sound and have the same mentality as 11secmonster!! :rolleyes: As a florida car dealer he likes to hound people here that are selling there cars with hopes of finding exactly what you just described! "A person in need of money". But in two years he still hasn't found that person!! :biggrin: The problem is when a person who is constantly on the look out for a deal tends to get in a rut (or should I say Routine!) and ends up treating everyone that is selling there car like they need the money. and thats not always the case...

Well Im a long time mustang guy and still have 3lx coupes. I have always wanted a grand national and finally bought one this past saturday. I drove from West Virginia to Detroit to buy my car from Fast Eddie here on the boards. I paid the man what he wanted for the car and dont feel that either one of us got hurt. Im just happy to have found a nice one that I can keep for a long time.

Well Im a long time mustang guy and still have 3lx coupes. I have always wanted a grand national and finally bought one this past saturday. I drove from West Virginia to Detroit to buy my car from Fast Eddie here on the boards. I paid the man what he wanted for the car and dont feel that either one of us got hurt. Im just happy to have found a nice one that I can keep for a long time.
Now thats the way you do it! * Just drive to the person to look at the car.
* Buy the car from him for what he was asking.
* And both people are happy.

The badgering people here over there cars & prices has gotten really out of hand here lately.

Good job Brad!
Scot W.

this guy called me a bunch of times about my car...

Good Luck with your search

I talked with BB a bunch of times about my car....many questions ....which are fine but I was selling a TR for less then $7k and not a $100k Benz.....I agreed to a $6700 price with him.....I think he assumes a better deal will come along....My TR is worth that in parts....the deal was grand...a deposit is on the car right now from a local ....I am not desperate by any means ...infact I drove the car less then 500 miles and put money into it and am taking a loss...........I just dont need the car ...I have driven my other two TR'S I own less then 300 miles each in over a year and half.....these cars still at low prices are very hard to find clean and complete.... I am sure BB will be spinning his wheels and others a while and will pay more or give up....

you still whining scott w aaaaaa.
grow up boy
didnt you say you were unsubscribing? its time the admin/mods banned you for awhile

Seems to me the market is pretty stable...there have been several cars that have gone for good money(18+k) and you constantly see cars being bought and sold,not like things are stagnant...I picked up a 10 second GN 2 months ago from a board member and pretty much paid what he was asking...I knew the amount of blood sweat and tears and money he had into the car so I wasn't going to insult him with a low ball offer,what's fair is fair...and I think most of the guys on here think the same way...IMHO...

You would'nt happen to be from florida would you? Because you sound and have the same mentality as 11secmonster!! :rolleyes: As a florida car dealer he likes to hound people here that are selling there cars with hopes of finding exactly what you just described! "A person in need of money". But in two years he still hasn't found that person!! :biggrin: The problem is when a person who is constantly on the look out for a deal tends to get in a rut (or should I say Routine!) and ends up treating everyone that is selling there car like they need the money. and thats not always the case...

Scott- Last week i deleted your thread about 11secmonster in the feedback section.
If you start any more crap with him, i have a "easy button" that i wont hesitate to use with your name on it.

I am closing this thread so we dont have a continuing saga that was taken care of in the feedback section.
BW :)

Status
Not open for further replies.