You can type here any text you want

is the engine worth rebuilding

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotgnx

TTYPE
i recently just tore down a turbo engine with the casting # 25524140 ive been trying to do my homework on it but not seeing any straight answers is this block worth refurbishing i will be putting competition rolling cam 212 in it with t and d roller rockers does the engine block make a difference should i be putting all that money in the block any info on it would be appreciated also it did have the turbo on it when i was tearing it down so it does have the turbo crank pistons and rods

block

Someone correct if I'm wrong but I believe that to be an 85, or older, block.

If its an 85 block its fine. Just uses a different oil pan & front cover & you need to drill the oil return line hole. Machine shop will charge $30 to drill & tap it for you.

That is a 1985 Standard Regal block. Make sure it has two dot rods and a rolled fillet crank. It did not come with the rolled fillet crank from the factory so someone would have had install it. If the motor has never been apart, it doesnt have the turbo crank.

Back