Is there a bodyman in the house?

kh440

Jo Bu needs a refill!
Just acquired another GN and the more I look at it the more bubbles I find (doors, quarters, rockers) Anybody know someone good at this kind of thing?

Sharif once mentioned "Elite Auto Body" out on old Greensboro road - Jump on Jones Ferry Rd from the 54 bypass and head out toward University Lake (you should pass a Burger King on the right) You go over a small bridge over University Lake, and then the next traffic light, turn right (can't turn left) onto Old Greensboro Rd - it's a little ways out (I'm guessing 3 miles or so) and it's on the right. It's easy to miss the sign as you pass by. The shop is set back from the road. I chatted with the owner for a while who was in the process of painting a GN.

Sharif has also mentioned "Peach Auto Body" somewhere in Durham, but I can't say more than that.

The GMMOC guys have had various luck with bodyshops & might offer some suggestions too.

HTH

-Greg

Talked to Kevin a lot once upon a time. Sold him a bunch of trim for his GN. Hate to think how long and how much though, (he's gone a bit overboard on his by being rather anal-retentive) BUt a phone call is free at least.

Yeah, dont even waste your time Kevin. I talked with Elite once and he said that the only way he would be interested in working on my car is if he did it perfect. That means I don't see my car for 6 months and it costs me 6-7thousand dollars.

Oh, kevin said he had 30k invested in his GN and it was'nt even painted yet. And Peach auto body is only good at a $199 Krylon paint job. Good enough for a beater, but not a nice car like yours.

Yeah, just got the phone with him-long and the short of the conversation was thanks but no thanks. Time for plan B

Don't really know yet-do want to at least get the quarters and rockers fixed fairly soon before it spreads much further.

Did you get my email about Rick Richardson?
Don't know if you seen my silver T or not but I think he did a great job on it.

Gary

Yes I did. .Just don't remember what I did with the guy' sphome number. Are you planning on going to vista point? I would like to take a look at your car before I give him a call. Thanks...

Both my father inlaw and my brother inlaw do body work and paint. Maybe I can pull some strings, if your interested.

Another TB in need of some bodey work..... I got a quote from a body shop in Benson for $5,000 and am looking to go cheaper..... I just want it to look half way decent....

Ron's Restoration.

If you can find a local Raleigh outfit called Ron's Restoration or Ron's auto-body, they did a color change on the sport coupe. Did a pretty good job too at a decent price. They have a lot of old metal moving through that shop and dont mark up like it's insurance work. They used to be off Tryon Rd, but moved. If you find 'em, let me know-- they still have my touch up paint.

George

well, by strange coincidence, while tracing a fuel leak, come to discover that the underside of this beast is pretty rotten-more damage than I want to deal with.

Kevin, just buy the body of my 85, and be done with it. We'll have a big motor, trans, interior swapping party.

Yeah, the drivetrain is cursed. The rest of the car is still good. I am going to put the motor and trans in a lawnmower or something. Maybe an RX-7