Is there a flash eeprom that can be used in the stock ECM?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Does anyone know if there is an available flash eeprom for use in the stock '87 GN ECM so that I don't have to buy a UV Eraser?
Just thought I'd ask as there are eeproms for the TPI unit I have in my truck.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
Does anyone know if there is an available flash eeprom for use in the stock '87 GN ECM so that I don't have to buy a UV Eraser?
Just thought I'd ask as there are eeproms for the TPI unit I have in my truck.

Get Craig Moates addy of the 3rd Gen sight and get one of his switchers. It lets you program 8 pins onto a single EEPROM.

You can switch bins at idle without even a hiccup. Easier on starter and like you want no erasing. I think mine was $45 but it really makes life easier.

Hmm, I'm new to the chip burning scene, but I'm starting to do it because of my TPI in my truck, and I've gotten a ton of info from the 3rd gen board already. I'm not sure about that post above as I don't know which ECM# is in the GN, do any of you know?
The AT29C256 part# referenced in the post is a direct flash eeprom replacement for the TPI ECM as thats the one I use for it.
Craig mentions in the post that it would be nice to have a flash eeprom for the 2732 system, if thats the one for the GN then that would lead me to believe there isn't since Craig seems to know his stuff from my other dealings with him, yet the last post says they did it but are using a 148 ECM ????

I keep on searching, I'm the answer to the ECM# should be easy to find.
Thanks

Ok, I think I see now, the ECM is 1227148, or 148 as mentioned and the chip pn is 2732. So, according to the last post in the 3rd gen link, chip pn 28HC256 will work with an adapter and a ZIF on the ECM, but there is no direct flash eeprom for the GN 148 ECM.
Thanks

There is no direct flash drop-in for a 2732 as used in the 7148 ecm on the TR's. Closest is the Dallas Semiconductor ds1225 which is a drop in for the 2764. I made a little board to hold the 1225 with a switch to select high and low halves to hold 2 images, so I could remote mount the board with a 2-3' cable for easy chip changes. I didn't feel the need to go up to 8 images per chip since I usually make an image, test it, change it, etc, instead of making several images at once. Course, that can be nice for selecting timing/fuel at the race track, but I guess I'm just cheap :).

Thanks for all of the ideas here. The only reason I asked is because I was hoping I would not have to buy the UV eraser since I have all flash eeproms for the TPI I'm programming.
In the GN, I'm usually set to "street kill" all of the time since its not driven much, pretty much what I run on the street is what I run at the track with the exception of a little more octane.....but now I'll probably want to change that after I get fully into the chip burnin' thing :) .... I can't beleive all the values I can fool with on the TPI with this TunerCat software.